Heat Exchanger Fabrication Question?

In a dilemma about exactly how tubes are stuffed in a multi baffle plate heat exchanger. The half plate baffles are already stitch welded on inside of exchanger pipe.

With only a 1/64" clearance in holes for tubes I cannot fathom how one would insert a 35 ft tube thru the full length of a pipe with half baffle plates every 8 ft..

It seems like you would need a broom handle type wood stick aligned thru full length of pipe thru each baffle and then use it as a guide for the tube.

I don't know, have you had any experience around heat exchanger fabrication?

Appreciate your comments and advice,
Kelly

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I don't know much about it.So I will also like to know.
  • Kelly Stuart
    Kelly Stuart
    Well from what I have discovered on other forums is they use a bullet shaped pilot guide placed into the tube to be inserted and the entire length of the tube is layed on an adjustable table and tube is then started a the bottom rows and continues with each tube in an upward progression.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I posted this in Chemical Engineering section but might be more appropriate here. In a dilemma about exactly how tubes are stuffed in a multi baffle plate heat exchanger. The...
The results of sectional-3D FEA on a Thrust Runner of the Thrust Bearing in a Pump shows that the Runner "bows" under the thrust load. The axial displacement of the...
Hello everybody, I'm new here, have visited on several occasions and lurked in an effort to learn - but this is my first time posting. I'm an engineering student working...
Hey Admins, We have that conference / shoutbox in the home page of the forum. It is using a continuous refresh method, which is browser and bandwidth intensive. Why don't...
INFI's Mohandas Pai has said that the good old days of wage increase are over and IT engineers shouldn't expect huge salary raises this year. The reason is that market...