HEADPHONE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Can anyone explain to me what these means? I have no idea what to expect from a headphone.😕
Headphones

• Drivers: 40 mm neodymium magnets with copper-clad aluminum voice coil
  • Frequency Response: 25 – 16,000 Hz
  • Impedance: 32 Ω
  • Sensitivity @1kHz: 104 dB ± 3 dB
  • Input Power: 50 mW
  • Cable length: 1.3m rubber sheath cable
  • Connector: 3.5 mm gold-plated headphone jack
  • Inner Ear Cup Diameter: 55 mm / 2.16”
  • Cable Length: 1.3 m / 4.27 ft
  • Approximate Weight: 284 g / 0.63 lbs

Microphone

• Frequency response: 100 – 10,000 Hz
  • Signal to Noise Ratio: 58dB
  • Sensitivity (@1kHz): -44 dB +/-4 dB
  • Pick Up pattern: Omni-Directional

Requirements

• Audio Usage: Devices with 3.5mm audio jack
  • Audio + Microphone Usage: Devices with 3.5mm audio + mic combined jack
    (Compatible with Apple iPhone®, HTC®, BlackBerry®. The Razer Electra was designed for smart phones and laptops that come default with a 4 pin TRRS audio + mic combined jack. Razer cannot guarantee performance for use with third party splitter cables.
I am planning to buy this headphone. It costs $60. Is it a good price? Any recommendations? 😐

Replies

• zm-i
    zm-i
    Response...Please...😐
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I don't know much about the headphone specifications as all looks same as quality matters rather than specs.You can find difference only by experiencing them. See#-Link-Snipped-#to buy a headphone.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks like a pretty standard headphone to me. Is there anything that you wish to know about in particular?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Frequency response specifies the range of frequency to which the headphone will be sensitive. The human audible frequency is from 20 HZ - 20KHZ. Ideal headphone must be sensitive to all the frequencies between 20hz to 20khz. Practical ones should cover the maximum frequency.

About the impedance, the more is the impedance, the more will be the power consumption and lower will be the loudness. However, a better amplifier is required to work on lower impedance, which is not your concern at this point. For now, the lower the impedance is, the better is the loudness.

Sensitivity is the measure of minimum change in frequency to which the headphone will respond. This factor should have a medium value, since high value of sensitivity will make it prone to noise signals and lower value will just degrade the sound quality.

Signal to Noise ratio as it says is the ratio of the wanted signal to unwanted signal. This must be as high as possible.

Pickup pattern is nothing but the pattern of the microphone in which it'll pick up the voice. Omnidirectional means, it'll pickup voice from all directions.

Other parameters doesn't affect the headphone audio quality. The gold plated connector though is better because the resistance of gold is very very low.

Compare your selected headphone with other one's as per the parameters above. What is the brand of the headphone which you're purchasing? If you're looking for some nice one, try Turtle Beach x11's or Beats by Dre. These will be expensive but they worth it.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    Thank you for the responses. #-Link-Snipped-# has pretty much explained things I need to consider before buying headphones. #-Link-Snipped-# also gave me a link to headphones buying guides.

#-Link-Snipped-#: It is a standard headphones. I am planning to buy replacement headphones for the earphones that come with iPhone 4.

Well, I don't want to spend my money on Beats by Dre (though I really like the studio). They are too expensive for me. Any recommendations? I think these Razer Electra is good for $60.00 headphones.

By the way, does using headphones instead of using earphones make much different? Which one do you prefer? I want to buy headphones because my mom complains to me whenever I listen to music through my earphones. She thinks that the music is too loud. I am pretty sure it is not because of the volume.

I want noise canceling headphones, but I also want to make sure that I am not completely oblivious of my surroundings.

Can anybody also explain the + and - of Beats by Dre? I might end up saving more money to afford those if they are really worth it.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Beats by Dre are over-hyped man !
    Its like "its from Dr.Dre, dude.. it should be best "; The Dopest beat-maker of hiphop industry & yeah The Chronic.
    Whatever, I borrowed it once from my friend ... its not like people says.
    I recommend you to go for "BOSE" ,they have effective noise-cancelling & great sound .. well its just of 80 bucks in US.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Most reviews also says that Monster Beats is not that good. They do mention that Bose Noise canceling is better, but it costs 300, not 80.

And the problem with most noise canceling headphones is that whenever your battery dies, your music dies.

Any view about this matter?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Jim Walton, person behind the success of CNN since last 30 years has send a resignation note to CNN organisation. In a note sent to company, he told that he...
United Technologies Corporation acquired U.S. aircraft components maker Goodrich.
This thread is for awesome Google doodles in July, July 27th.
Google has acknowledged that they still have the Internet user data that was collected surreptitiously through wireless networks during its street-mapping service. Per Acknowledgement from Google, this data contains information...
Are you a Twitter user, if the answer is 'Yes'; beware of another attempt of hacking. Nacked Security had reporte that thousands of Twitter user are hit by this malware....