HDTV & PC Monitor Simultaneous Connection Query.

I wanna interface HDTV & PC monitor both to my Computer, is it possible ?
I have graphics card with DVI-D & D-Sub pin. i will be using D-sub VGA for PC monitor & DVI-D for HDTV.
I wanna know, can I interface both Output peripherals using one card ? Will it have any adverse effect on graphics card ? like power-overloading or something. Will both the displays work using two different outpout pins of same graphics card ?

I have already evaporated one graphics card because of intense tweaking, can't afford same result anymore.

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    That's a non-issue. Go ahead use them both in a single setup.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Should work as long as your graphics card supports multiple displays - which I think it will.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Abhishek Rawal
    I have already evaporated one graphics card because of intense tweaking, can't afford same result anymore.

Though there should not be any issue but please check your graphics card specification and supported maximum resolution.
    Which graphics card you are using?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    ianoop
    Though there should not be any issue but please check your graphics card specification and supported maximum resolution.
    Which graphics card you are using?
    Asus AMD 6670 HD OC version (not of India). I have overclocked a bit though 810 MHz to 890 MHz clock frequency.It has one HDMI, 1 DVI & 1 Dsub port.
    Edit : I guess maximum resolution is 2560x1600. My HDTV has 1080p & Monitor 1366x768 pixels. I guess it will work.

Thank you #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# for reply though 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

First, I connected D-sub pin to D-sub port of video card & I started the PC, the display was clear. Then, I connected DVI-D pin with DVI port & did...
VLC Media Player for iOS, the app that went on a leave couple of years back, is now launched again. VLC, the multi-format video player has gone live in some...
The Reserve Bank Of India isn't quite popular among the tech community in the country. The master bank has known to have it's own 'weird' thoughts about technology (read the...
After Apple announced the new Macbook Air 2013, people got their heads blown away with the battery life the machine offered. It's no wonder that several people booked their Airs...
Just a couple of days back we told you about the Lenovo Ideapad A1000 launch in India and now we're back with some more news from the Chinese manufacturer. It's...