1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Have you seen - Best Reply Feature?

Question asked by Kaustubh Katdare in #Coffee Room on Jan 13, 2020
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 13, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

We've just launched the "Best Reply" feature on CrazyEngineers. I'll quickly run you through how the feature works. The detailed explanation will be posted on our official blog. 

Who can mark best reply? 

This facility is available to all our members who are ranked B3 and above (B3, B2, B1, A3, A2 and A1) along with the creator of the question or discussion. 

How to choose a best reply?

Typically, the creator of the discussion should choose the answer as 'best'. But if they do not, and there is a really good reply that deserves a special mention, our top ranked members can select it as 'best'. 

The reply author will receive +100 bonus points!

The best answer is highlighted in the discussion.

Mention a proper reason:

Each best reply requires a reason to be mentioned which is conveyed to the author of the reply and is shown on overlay. 

Can the best answer be toggled? 

Yes, if a better answer is offered after an answer is already selected as "Best", the best answer can be toggled. We request a reason to be provided with each answer being marked as best. 

I hope this should get us started. If you have questions, post them below. 

Posted in: #Coffee Room
Mohit Patil
Mohit Patil · Jan 13, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

What's the point if you cannot mark your own replies as best?

9WSr-screen-shot-2020-01-13-at-115243-am.jpg

Just joking! 😉 Really good feature! 

I appeal to people that they can test this feature by marking my answers as best. 

Kaustubh Katdare
Rank A1 - PRO

Ok, Mohit will be happy; but top rankers of the site are indeed allowed to mark any reply as the best one. Thread owner can change it. 

The points will be awarded to Mohit in this case; and toggling it to some new owner will result into new reply author receiving the bonus. . 

I hope there won't be spamming with this feature. 😐 

Vinay Mishra
Vinay Mishra · Jan 13, 2020
Rank B2 - LEADER

Don't you think that the mark should only be given by the post creator?

Kaustubh Katdare
Rank A1 - PRO

Well, it's been our observation that lot of new members just view the responses and sometimes forget taking action. That's the reason, top rankers of the site have been given extra powers. 

The idea here is to acknowledge the top answers / replies provided by the members. 

Vinay Mishra
Rank B2 - LEADER

I mean it should take a permission of thread owner if he's satisfied with giving an answer, the best answer tag?

Vinay Mishra
Rank B2 - LEADER

@kaustubh sir,

Is this a good idea to add it to our profile also. I mean the best answer tag will be calculated and will be shown in the profile like He/she have 5 best answer tag. Just as we have Total replies and Total posts count on our profile.

Just a thought!

Abhishek Rawal
Abhishek Rawal · Jan 13, 2020
Rank A2 - PRO

Biggie, how about keeping the best reply comment to the top ?
Could be very convenient when post conversation reaches >10 comments.

Kaustubh Katdare
Rank A1 - PRO

Sure, that can be done. Shiksha we duplicate it or simple move to the top?

One idea we considered was to have a meta card right after the first post that show all important information about the discussion along with views it has received. We can add anchor to the best reply in the discussion. Let us know your views.

saandeep sreerambatla
saandeep sreerambatla · Jan 13, 2020
Rank B3 - LEADER

This is a good feature and we will get good and clear answers going forward as best reply gives additional points.

Off -topic - How are these ranks decided? A1, A2 etc ? 

Anoop Mathew
Anoop Mathew · Jan 13, 2020
Rank A3 - PRO

I believe i was able to change the best reply set by Abhishek initially to this thread. A check/measure to decide on such discrepancies would be great

Kaustubh Katdare
Rank A1 - PRO

B3, B2, B1, A3, A2, A1 and the discussion creator can mark the best reply.

saandeep sreerambatla
saandeep sreerambatla · Jan 13, 2020
Rank B3 - LEADER

Another question, lets say there are 20 - 40 posts in a specific group, is there a central place to tag all the posts which has the  best reply selected? 

What  I mean is, there are several posts on this website, I only want to go through the posts for which there are replies and best reply is also given? 

Or simple way we can do is have a star mark or something on the post in the page so that I need not go inside to see if it has best reply or not.

Kaustubh Katdare
Rank A1 - PRO

Anoop - We really don't want to add checks. The top ranked members will do justice, I am sure.  

Sandy - Can be done. We may have to introduce drop down menu somewhere for sorting the discussions. Suggestions are welcome.

Kaustubh Katdare
Rank A1 - PRO
Kavya Burramolla
Kavya Burramolla · Jan 15, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

That’s one great option in CrazyEngineers. I think this will help to get best and correct answers for the particular post. Since we get multiple replies and sometimes controversial replies to a topic and that leads to confusion what exactly is correct and what not. If we have this option to rank the replies with best answer then it would be easy for the reader to get what exactly he/she wants. 

Mohana Chandra
Mohana Chandra · Jan 15, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

Due this Best reply feature, most of them will try to answer as best as possible. This not only increases the possibility of valuable discussion to the community but, also increases the standards of "Crazy Engineers".

Keep Growing.All the Best👍 :)

Mohana Chandra
Mohana Chandra · Jan 15, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

As there was a mentioning of suggestions are welcome. I think I can add a small thought of modification about a feature,which i think would be a plus to CE.

The edit option of reply disappears after the next post adds up on the top. I feel like it would be good, if we have an editing option for one's own reply to the post , until the next reply of the same discussion adds up below. Because,it will be convenient for the user to correct the spelling mistakes.So that there would be no discussion or reduction of discussion about the mistakes. I think this change/modification increases the chances of list of good replies to the post.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up