Have we forgotten to 'question' with time?

Why? What? Where? How? - these were the basic questions in our past, which lead to many inventions and discoveries that we know of.

But today, its not likely to spot Einsteins or Newtons amidst us.

Do you think its because there is a lack of exposure, or is it because we are not curious enough to think out of the box?

Let's Reason together!

Replies

• babumoshaaye
    babumoshaaye
    Earlier only a few countries were technologically advanced and the best in them used to get global recognition. But nowadays, most of the countries have plunged into inventions and research, where most of them are done under private companies.

Talking about exposure, some countries lack on resources and hence have lesser exposure to new advances in technology.

And coming to curiosity, only the interested ones indulge in such activities, but I can vouch that there are many people with a lot of curiosity who don't sustain it.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Scientists never get their due in their times - and may be even further. e.g. people only talk about Einstein and Newton. What about others - Stephen Hawking, Galileo, Tesla etc. You get the drift.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Is it only the scientist or engineer that needs a boost? What about the common man? How can there be a mass development if everyone does not start to think big or atleast dream?

What do you think?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    A correct explanation can not be given. We've definitely evolved in ideas and potential, but have we exhibited it well enough. We live in an era where there are more engineers, doctors and people in each sector of work, than there were in the olden days. Is the quote "Too many cooks spoil the dish" applicable here? What say?
  • superfan
    superfan
    It may not exactly be the case of "too many cooks spoiling the dish", but more a case of difficulty in standing out.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    anoopthefriend
    Do you think its because there is a lack of exposure,

With internet at the tip of your hands and the most powerful search engine to lead you to all sorts of information treasure - I think lack of exposure it surely not the reason. I think we have more prodigies now than ever before because of the access to the resources that todays kids have. I remember how you could see the sparkle in the child's eyes when you gave him an Encarta Encyclopaedia 15 years back. And now, with Google search, the same kids are 'exposed' to that information multiplied by a 1000.

or is it because we are not curious enough to think out of the box?
    That my friend might be true. Is there a cure for lack of curiosity? 👀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well curiosity in a child has gone done with the maximisation of resources he has

How many parents Spend Quality time with children? How many are spending time to answer the questions the child is asking?

The answer is a sorry one very few

This makes the children to lose the God given gift of curiousity that makes them never to question anyone or anything

This is why corruption is rampant and Inventions have become a thing of the past in our great nation

Hope atleast CEans are a little different in this aspect
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I dont think we dont produce Einsteins or Tesla or Newton.
    We have great scientists but we dont recognize them.We were not compromised with their invention.
    All the noble prize winners were great.But we are not encouraging the present by comparing with past.
    I see a great potential in every child and they were far intelligent to be compared with us.
    As anand says , To me Stephen hawking was a great researcher.Many consider his theories to be fictious.But time only answers us.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    CSK AUTO
    I dont think we dont produce Einsteins or Tesla or Newton.
    Where did you come up with that?

We have great scientists but we dont recognize them.We were not compromised with their invention.
    All the noble prize winners were great.But we are not encouraging the present by comparing with past.

I see a great potential in every child and they were far intelligent to be compared with us.
    Potential in Youth is merely wasted today! - True or False - majority have disagreed here on that debate (click the link)

And, any new takes on this folks?☕
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    It is not that simple to compare the past with today's scenario. Back then, a lot of simple things were answered, like falling of an apple on ground. A small light and it completely redefined physics. in centuries evolved after that, a lot has been discovered and answered. All the basic things a common man comes across now is not a question anymore. It has some answer pre discovered by some one. The new discoveries that can be done now need a vast pool of resources and information to begin with. A normal level science crazy is out of its reach. That is the main reason we don't have a Newton in the crowd. All the genius' available are already booked by respective governments.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Nayan Goenka
    All the basic things a common man comes across now is not a question anymore. It has some answer pre discovered by some one.
    This is where you've got to think outside the box. One question that still lingers in my mind is - why is there not a camera even today which can capture certain scenes just as it would appear to the naked eye. Am sure that within each scientific answer is a question we've not thought of. #-Link-Snipped-# and Challenging the present technology to redesign and reuse the past technology! - Why? are other questions that we have infact discussed before. Think of other such questions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

help me complete ma M.Tech project in POWER QUALITY ANALYSER USIN LABVIEW. i need to complete it within two months
Warm wishes to all, I am here to be a part of this community by communicating with the other members of this forum. This is a very nice place for...
The Antikythera mechanism built in Greece before Christ is considered to be the world's oldest computer. https://blog.fora.tv/2013/04/deciphe...a5ed3364-Newsletter_04_17_13&utm_medium=email
I do not know how accurate this prediction is. Presented here for whatever can be made of it. https://in.finance.yahoo.com/photos/...ow/the-best-jobs-in-2013-photo-394155857.html
Whever i travelled through an railway i have following quetions 1 u know about the railway chain that present in every wagon which is for emergency What happen if chain...