Have we been right all this time???

Threads too similar have been posted before but i would like to start this afresh.

What's in common between Steve Jobbs (Apple) , Bill Gates (Microsoft) , Paul Allen (Microsoft) , Henry Ford (Ford Motor Inc.) , Ray Kroc (Macdonalds) , William Durant (General Motor Inc.) , Dhirubhai Ambani (Reliance) , Thomas Alva Edison and Benjamin Franklin????😕

Except the fact that they are/were highly respected, admired, rich, successful
entrepreneurs who started from scratch with almost no money in their pockets and went on to become what we know them to be??

All of them never completed their formal education. They were all college/school dropouts. Guess my parents were wrong after all !!!

HOWZZAT guys??😁

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mahul
    Threads too similar have been posted before but i would like to start this afresh.

What's in common between Steve Jobbs (Apple) , Bill Gates (Microsoft) , Paul Allen (Microsoft) , Henry Ford (Ford Motor Inc.) , Ray Kroc (Macdonalds) , William Durant (General Motor Inc.) , Dhirubhai Ambani (Reliance) , Thomas Alva Edison and Benjamin Franklin????😕

Except the fact that they are/were highly respected, admired, rich, successful
    entrepreneurs who started from scratch with almost no money in their pockets and went on to become what we know them to be??

All of them never completed their formal education. They were all college/school dropouts. Guess my parents were wrong after all !!!

HOWZZAT guys??😁
    I've something to say here.

Although what you say is true, by 'education' you mean the 'formal education' (i.e. school, college, other courses etc.) Education comes in various forms. The people you've mentioned have had a different type of education - how to spot opportunities, start a business, grow the business etc. You don't have to go to college or school to learn that.

However, things have changed in past decade. Many highly educated people are turning into entrepreneurs and successful businessmen. Larry Page, Sergey Brin, Narayana Murthy, Nandan Nilekeni have completed their college and turned into businessmen. Times have changed.

Guess my parents were wrong after all !!!
    Hmm. So, I hope you aren't into engineering because your parents wanted you to be an engineer.

Finally, I would like to say what I have believed in - Degrees have no connection with your success in life.
  • mahul
    mahul
    I was expecting this....so i will try to clarify myself a bit

Sorry i did not sound very clear, by education i always meant formal education
    and i'm whole heartedly in agreement that education in the true sense has nothing to do with formal education

and no i'm into engineering because i've always wanted to be an engineer, not for a lucrative high flying job that my parents wanted me to join.

i also accept that there have been many highly educated entrepreneurs too.

The point i wanted to make is( again this has been discussed before)
    is it mere coincidence that we have such a vast multitude of "drop out" successful entrepreneurs?? many would say that there is an even vaster multitude of unsuccessful "drop-outs". I have no arguments for that either. But maybe somewhere a formal education makes us too tame and tends to show the oft-taken track so much that we forget being daring and innovative.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    mahul
    But maybe somewhere a formal education makes us too tame and tends to show the oft-taken track so much that we forget being daring and innovative.
    Bro, you might have a point. But I wouldnt fault formal education completely. It's up to the learner to take advantage of what he/she learns to do something daring and innovative. It's their fault if they want to remain complacent and expect an instant success once they grad. We should be more proactive rather than be "spoon fed".

Also, you can't use people like Bill Gates to point out that dropping out in will give you success. Some people liked to equate "dropping out" with lack of knowledge. Bill Gates was far from dumb.. he started programming from the age of 15, which during those times was quite remarkable.

In the end, it all boils down to the mentality of the people. Seriously. Dropping out or not dropping out, your future depends on the kind of person you are.

Theres one thing I wonder, and this might have been discussed before. Can Engineers be successful without formal education?
  • Archana Kannouj
    Archana Kannouj
    Even I am agree with Big_K, and ash.

It all depends on the person, He/she is interested in spoon feeding or really wants to learn something.

And most important, are you sure if we don't follow this education system you'll become successful.

I think parameter to become successful does not depend on the education system. In formal education system, they just provide basic things and rest all depends on the individual. Although i am not fully satisfied with the system.

But its better to use the things which are already there and make full use of it.And if you have better option then definitely go for it.

~Archana
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    In the world today having a practical knowledge is more important than the theory r formal education..this practical knowledge mainly depends on his success in the field..how he can improve the technology plays an important role..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Puzzle Taken From : www.archimedes-labs.org [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT] © Archimedes Labs [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Infinite beetle path[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica,...
Hello out there I need the help of an electric CE for an crazy selfmade electric genarator. The motor is a 2 zyl. 12 HP diesel engine and the genarator...
i am a Mechanical Engineering student and i have to do a minor project so help in choosing a title for the project and give some information about the topic
TOP B-Schools in INDIA 1. IIM - Ahmedabad 2. IIM - Bangalore 3. IIM - Calcutta 4. MDI - Gurgaon 5. S.P.Jain Inst - Mumbai 6. IIFT - New Delhi...
Okay, The time has come that we start collecting the worst ads on the Televisions all over the world. Here's the Youngistan ad which I think adds no value to...