Have u seen day and night at a single time, if not see dis

THIS PHOTO IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. BE SURE TO
READ THE TEXT BELOW TO HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING
OF WHAT YOU ARE VIEWING. IT IS HISTORIC TOO AS THIS
IS THE LAST MISSION FOR COLUMBIA ..

The photograph attached was taken by the crew on board the Columbia
during its last mission, on a cloudless day.
The picture is of Europe and Africa when the sun is setting.
Half of the picture is in night. The bright dots you see are the cities' lights.

The top part of Africa is the Sahara Desert .

Note that the lights are already on in Holland , Paris , and Barcelona,
and that's it's still daylight in Dublin , #-Link-Snipped-# , Lisbon , and Madrid .

The sun is still shining on the Strait of Gibraltar . The Mediterranean Sea is
already in darkness.

In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean you can see the Azores Islands;
below them to the right are the Madeira Islands ; a bit below are the
Canary Islands; and further South, close to the farthest western point
of Africa , are the Cape Verde Islands.

Note that the #-Link-Snipped-#is huge and can be seen clearly both during
day time and night time.

To the left, on top, is Greenland , totally frozen.

[​IMG]

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wow.. what an amazing view! Thanks for the post, bro. I believe the Sahara can be seen because of the sands reflecting ambient light?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I doubt.

Suspects Photoshop!
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    The_Big_K
    I doubt.

Suspects Photoshop!
    That's right Big K, there is a program (can't remind its name) it simulates the time now on certain region & if its night you'll find lights as if it's evening, if it's day time it seems as normal map, perfect program & simulates very good but not the real thing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Worlds Biggest Swimming Pool Already drawing the crowds in the South American [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Trebuchet MS,Sans-Serif,Georgia,Courier,Times New Roman,Serif][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Trebuchet MS,Sans-Serif,Georgia,Courier,Times New Roman,Serif]resort[/FONT][/FONT] of San Alfonso del Mar in Chile, this artificial lagoon and...
Windows Firewall ​ ​ What is Windows Firewall?​ A firewall helps to keep your computer more secure. It restricts information that comes to your computer from other computers, giving you...
GENETICALLY-ENGINEERED HUMANS HAVE ALREADY BEEN BORN The earthshaking news appeared in the medical journal Human Reproduction under the impenetrable headline: "Mitochondria in Human Offspring Derived From Ooplasmic Transplantation." The media...
Hi Friends Im facing a wiered problem with my CPU. The problem is when ever i start my PC, the processor fan starts rotating faster than the normal speed which...
good to be with people havin common sense..