Harvest Power leaking from your Microwave Oven

Minimalism gone bonkers!
This deserves an IgNobel Prize.
Japanese Engineers harvest 1 mW (That is right One Whole Milliwatt) from outside a working microwave:
Other Kitchen Devices Can Harness Power from Your Microwave

CEan of the universe, no less.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Awesome observation indeed!

We use lot of electrical appliances and there will be some power wasted so if everything is captured and as said in the article if its power wireless then i think we can reduce half of power bills!!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Microwave is radiant power. Can be captured. Other appliances do not radiate wasted power. May be difficult to harvest.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    sounds innovative.

but will this ever be commercialized or will it just remain a research topic for life ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    will it just remain a research topic for life
    That seems to be the fate of many of these.
    One definition of technology is: That which works. Many of these fail in regular use. So they remain curiosities. However, sometimes another development elsewhere leads to a success of some of these. So all may not be lost.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    A.V.Ramani
    That seems to be the fate of many of these.
    One definition of technology is: That which works. Many of these fail in regular use. So they remain curiosities. However, sometimes another development elsewhere leads to a success of some of these. So all may not be lost.
    One such thing is the alternate fuel for I.C engines.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Do the antivirus software, QuickHeal, AVG, McAfee, Nod32 et al slow down the computer systems? Someone asked the question to me and I thought of passing it to all the...
Apple's announced that the desktop lineup, iMac has been refreshed. The new iMac machines will now ship with Intel Haswell processor and improved 802.11ac WiFi. The basic iMac 21.5" model...
802.11ac is rapidly being made the default wireless standard and I think it's pretty impressive. The speed and range it offers over its previous generation is exceptional. I'm wondering what's...
Hi CEans .I am facing a problem in my phone regarding the installation of apps from google apps store because of insufficient storage memory. Recently tried to install Google's hangout...
Hi I had planned to start a blog related to only Technical arena. So I want to know about the best blog source to start my blog and note that...