Harley Davidson Street Glide Price In India Is Rs. 29 Lakh- New Bike Unveiled Under Project Rushmore

It is a day to rejoice for the Harley Davidson fans, because the US based company has launched its new generation Street Glide in India. Priced at Rs. 29 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the bike has been introduced under the Project Rushmore, which is a customer based initiative taken by the company so as to improve on the touring aspects of its motorcycles. Going soon on sale at all leading Harley-Davidson stores across different parts of the country, the Harley Davidson Street Glide is a step towards enhancements in design and technology for the best motorcycling experience for the bikers.

As we take a look at the Street Glide specifications, we find a High Output Twin Cam 103 engine, which produces more power and gets 138 Nm of peak torque at 3500 rpm. In the updated bike, there's a restructured Tour-Pak and saddlebags as well as new light cast aluminium wheels, intuitive hand control switches and One-Touch design elements. Speaking at the launch ceremony, Managing Director of Harley-Davidson India, Anoop Prakash was quoted as saying, "Project RUSHMORE is an epic, customer-focused journey by Harley-Davidson to fundamentally improve the riding experience for owners of touring models. It not only showcases our commitment to our core customers but also represents a new direction in product development at Harley-Davidson. The new Street Glide is our premier offering for the Indian market and offers the perfect balance between custom touring style and long haul functionality. With its stunning design and rider focused engineering, I am confident that it will rouse a sense and feeling of freedom like never before."

harley_davidson_street_glide

Another awesome feature is the new camshaft that has been modified to offer greater bottom-end torque, which results in higher acceleration. The presence of a hydraulic clutch control system holds the cable clutch-lever effort despite stronger clutch springs and it does not require periodic adjustments or service. Finely equipped with the a new front suspension system that include larger fork sliders and stiffer triple clamps and Reflex Linked Brakes coupled with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), the HD Street Glide sports new dual Halogen headlamps coupled with halogen fog lamps on different trim levels. Also on the tech specs chart is a new colour screen infotainment systemthat supports Bluetooth connectivity, voice recognition system, text-to-speech technology and Global Positioning System (GPS).

Coming to the availability, the new Street Glide is available across 11 showrooms in India, and will soon be ready for delivery.

Replies

• Jibak Baksi
    Jibak Baksi
    The bike may arouse interest and enthusiasm for crazy bikers, but we need to give a thought on the enormous fuel consumption that these beasts would promote, especially in this era, where conservation, rather thoughtful utilization of non renewable resources, is just not an awareness, but a necessity.....
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    These ridiculously expensive gadgets/tech toys/vehicles are a liberty only for the filthy rich. But I hope you do believe that luxurious things sometimes do have the edge.
    Like buying a ticket ot Virgin Galactic. (Especially after watching a movie like Gravity)
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    i think with this price we can get a bmw 9 series!!!!!!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    People who can put 29 laks for bike will surely dont think about the mileage of the vehicle.

I loved the bike and the color, and blue tooth and voice recognition?
    so can we communicate with bike to do something? and I wish they come up with something to install air bag and some kind of belt 😀

PS. If these bike makes focus on making solar bikes, then it will be a big hit.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Actually I want to publish a research paper. But i m confused that whether the idea initiated by me is already published or not.So is there any software to check...
Hi CEans , I had noticed that most people are not wearing helmet while driving and I see a lot of people just buy a low class or low priced...
Hi CEans , Here is a chance for us to unite to analyze the causes which may lead to accidents of the automobiles . We should list out the possible...
Hi CEans, I had planned to do my project in Brakes India and I want to know what can be my best project. Here are some details that may help...
Hi CEans, Today I am out here with with a review on the recently released Chennai Express game(android ) and I was redirected to this game when I was opting...