hardware problem in laptop

I am facing very strange problem with my laptop.as I start it,I log in,screen sustains for 1-2 min and den black screen comes there.i tried to format it but its not responding to any of the cd,process starts and terminates itself. As soon as i insert the disk in cd-drive,it loads window files and then after sometime a blue screen displays the message "some hardware problem detected".also it is showing message BOOTMGR image file is corrupted.please tell me the solution as soon as possible if anybody can.its really serious.....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to General Help section.

Not very sure, but looks to me that the problem is with the HDD. If possible, do insert ubuntu live CE and try booting your machine with it. Let us know the result.

Experts - over to you!.
  • sanguinesandeep
    sanguinesandeep
    neha1
    I am facing very strange problem with my laptop.as I start it,I log in,screen sustains for 1-2 min and den black screen comes there.i tried to format it but its not responding to any of the cd,process starts and terminates itself. As soon as i insert the disk in cd-drive,it loads window files and then after sometime a blue screen displays the message "some hardware problem detected".also it is showing message BOOTMGR image file is corrupted.please tell me the solution as soon as possible if anybody can.its really serious.....
    Fix:
    There are two method to fix the corrupt windows vista boot loader. Lets discuss both one by one.
    Method 1:
    1. Boot from your windows vista DVD.
    2. Click the options which says Repair your computer.
    3. Select the Operation system and click next.
    4. In System recovery options, click Start up repair. Let the repair finish

5. Restart your computer

Method 2:

1. Boot from your windows vista DVD.

2. Click the options which says Repair your computer.

3. Select the operation system and click next.

4. In System recovery options, click command prompt.

5. Now type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press ENTER.

6. Restart your computer after it finishes.

Emergency Tip: If the Bootrec.exe tool cannot locate any missing Windows installations in step 5.

Type the following commands in the order from top to bottom.

1. Bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup and press enter

2. ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old and press enter

3. Bootrec /rebuildbcd and press enter

Hope this helps.
  • neha1
    neha1
    thanks for responding Big K but i have already tried this ...there s no difference.. it takes the option which i give( install ubuntu )but same thing is happening ..appearance of blue screen.....tel me sum other way..
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    neha1
    u saying a blue screen showing hardware problem. is it the blue screen of death showing u the error or is it the blue screen during windows installations showing u a hardware error ?? if its the later(harddisk not detected or something similar) then u need to disable native sata support in ur laptop from the bios(pressing del or the appropriate key). u will face this problem if ur trying to install Win XP. VIsta and 7 wont show this problem.

for bootmgr problem. start windows recovery console(put win cd, let it load drivers then it will show u options). once there type
    fixmbr

u may or may not have solved ur problem but do let us know as it may help others with similar problems too

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

First up, background info: I did my BE project in .NET (Visual Basic), it was a standard two-tier application. So, the interviewer asks me... HIM: Which database did you use?...
Hi everyone, I am Jagadesh kannan (JK) ... I am structural engineering working in a MNC. I got this forum through google search. the forum looks very good and informative....
I am planning to do some microcontroller projects. I heard that there are several microcontroller available in the market. As a beginner, i have to learn about any one of...
Key CEE market targeted for broadband expansion SANTA BARBARA, Calif, Geneva, Switzerland and London, United Kingdom – February 26 2010– Occam Networks®, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCNW) a leading broadband access supplier...
I know the PIC scans the row(input) and column(output) of the keypad. But how do they know which key is pressed? Can you explain as detail as possible with this...