HARDWARE CIRCUIT DESIGN TO TURNOFF A RUNNING MOTOR AT ONCE IT ATTAINS A PARTICULAR SPEED

Hai friends,

I need a design for a circuit which will switch off the motor at once it attains a critical speed.I f any one have any such idea please help me.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is not clear if you want to switch off power and allow the motor to coast to a stop or if you want to stop the rotation quickly.
    To switch off power just use a tacho generator and a settable cut off. For a fast stop you have to add a magnetic clutch and brake.
  • k.vijayalakshmi
    k.vijayalakshmi
    to switch off the power sir,when it reaches the critical speed and it has to start automatically when it come lower that critical speed speed.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    k.vijayalakshmi
    to switch off the power sir,when it reaches the critical speed and it has to start automatically when it come lower that critical speed speed.
    Then what you seem to want is just a speed regulating circuit to maintain a selected speed.
    There are many speed control devices already on the market. Is this a course project or for any specific application?
    Are you looking for something like this?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • k.vijayalakshmi
    k.vijayalakshmi
    Thank you sir,i required this information for my final year project and this been a valuable information for project sir ,thank you once again

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a Sedgeway kind of mobile robot that lets you interact in real time anywhere in the world without flying there. With intuitive controls and touch screens it is...
The Juggernaut of Opensource, Canonical announced that on next week i.e. 21st February Ubuntu OS image will be "officially" uploaded in the database. This is developer's version but if you're...
Wine, The Application which is capable of bridging Windows Applications/Games in Linux machine is taking a major step in porting Wine to Android to run Windows Apps. During FOSDEM 2013,...
what is brain fingerprinting? what are its applications?
i am student of b.tech final year with stream computer science.i want to make a project on android.help me what are the new about andriod & how we make new...