Gyrocopter.......

An autogyro (from Spanish autogiro), also known as gyroplane, gyrocopter, or rotaplane, is a type of Rotorcraft which uses an unpowered rotor in Autorotation %28Helicopter%29 to develop Lift %28Force%29, and an engine-powered propeller, similar to that of a Fixed Wing Aircraft, to provide Thrust. While similar to a Helicopter Rotor in appearance, the autogyro's rotor must have air flowing through the rotor disc in order to generate rotation. Invented by the Spanish engineer Juan De La Cierva to create an aircraft that could safely fly at slow speeds, the autogyro was first flown on 9 January 1923, at Cuatro Vientos Airport in Madrid.Autogyro Cite Note Greg 0 De la Cierva's aircraft resembled the Fixed Wing Aircraft of the day, with a front-mounted engine and propeller in a Tractor Configuration to pull the aircraft through the air. Late-model autogyros patterned after Dr. Igor Bensen's designs feature a rear-mounted engine and propeller in a Pusher Configuration. The term Autogiro was a Trademark of the Cierva Autogiro Company, and the term Gyrocopter was used by E. Burke Wilford who developed the Reiseler Kreiser feathering rotor equipped gyroplane in the first half of the twentieth century. The latter term was later adopted as a trademark by Bensen Aircraft.

Replies

• saimriyaz
    saimriyaz
    Few useful Links.........................
    Autogyro

Gyrocopter High Wind Takeoffs at El Mirage - YouTube[video=youtube;nY8SmllLcIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY8SmllLcIU[/video]
  • saimriyaz
    saimriyaz
    [video=youtube;lOBqTrVi1pc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOBqTrVi1pc&feature=related[/video]
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Nice one ๐Ÿ˜€

But, Please Avoid Copy-Pasting!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hello Saimriyaz,
    The main purpose of a forum is increasing knowledge, the excerpt about Gyrocopter would be better explained in your own words. It will help you as well. It will help make concepts clear. ๐Ÿ˜€

But yes attempt was excellent. Keep up the good work. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    And yes, please always mention source, if you are copying any excerpt from an original article..
  • saimriyaz
    saimriyaz
    Thanx.................
    I mentioned the source of information
    ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Wow... Great information... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hovebike at a glance: Airspeed Vne: 150 KIAS (untested) Hover (out of ground effect): >10,000ft (estimated) Dry weight: 110kg Max gross weight: 270kg Total thrust: 295kg Engine: 80kw @ 7500...
is it possible to design a printed circuit board(pcb) at home.if yes then what are the tools required??beside pcb layout software. please also tell about their prices.thanks in advance.
hi every one.. i want to make a up-down counter using 8051.. two switches are connected with UC. one for up counting and one for down counting.. now the problem...
I am 4th year compurt science student.I have to submit details about the topic "skipfish" for my seminar. Please help me by providing me the details.Hope there will be aresponse...
hi everyone.. I am just a newbie in this forum, looking forward to meeting people from here and make friends if possible ๐Ÿ˜€ _________________