guys suugest

hey i passed btech,cse this year only. not placed because of my hard luck..
now what should i do? m in delhi and there is hardly any walkin for fresher. no great help from job portals too. my aptitute/reasoning/group discussion is strong enough but i lack in technical. suggest what should be my approach. what to do? any technical course by any institute or what?? guys reply me ASAP....

thanks in adance ( admin pls you too give your golden suggestions)

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    destiny249
    hey i passed btech,cse this year only. not placed because of my hard luck..
    now what should i do? m in delhi and there is hardly any walkin for fresher. no great help from job portals too. my aptitute/reasoning/group discussion is strong enough but i lack in technical. suggest what should be my approach. what to do? any technical course by any institute or what?? guys reply me ASAP....

thanks in adance ( admin pls you too give your golden suggestions)
    Here comes Admin's Golden Suggestion:

You admit that you are weak in technical. Now tell me who'd want to hire an engineer who's good at aptitude but not in technical? There is no option but to build your technical skillset, and also be thorough with your favorite engineering subjects. I'm very sure that there will be walk-ins and openings for fresh graduates.

Once you are confident about your technical knowledge; you may simply relocate for some time to a city where there are many walk-ins for fresh graduates. But you surely don't want to take chances with that!

Also, don't predict the future. There will be job openings in different companies. You just have to network properly and be ready to grab the opportunity.

Got it?
  • destiny249
    destiny249
    oh thanks bigk.. your words are motivational... you covered all my queries except one..
    like i mentioned i am weak in technical part , so is it enough for me to purchase a good author's language book + internet + self practice for learning language skill and grooming my technical part??? or you suggest me to join some institute like aptech,NIIT etc to learn a language of 4-5 months (which claims that after course comletion they will provide placement assistance !!) duration long and for that also i need to relocate to some good city nearby as my place is vry small town...

waiting for reply
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @destiny:

Good to hear that. By technical part, I specifically meant the engineering subjects. As a fresh engineer you can expect your interview to be about your engineering subjects plus few questions about your favorite topic/subject (technical/non-technical etc.). I'd recommend reading your final year engineering books for leisure with the purpose of obtaining knowledge than cracking exams. When I look at my engineering books today, I find them really interesting and often wonder what made them 'so boring' when I was a student. I also find everything a lot easy because I don't have to answer the exams. I find the most boring topics interesting! It's just our own thinking; but it helps a LOT in understanding the subject(s).

Whether you should join an institute or not - is your own decision depending upon your level of preparation, financial budget and also the feedback obtained by people who've attended the classes at those institutes. I personally think learning a programming language is easy when it is done with interest and self-motivation. With some background in computer engineering; I don't think it will take more than 30-45 days to attain a sufficiently high level of confidence. Of course, I'm talking about honest preparation; if you know what I mean ๐Ÿ˜€ .

Regarding placement assistance, don't take anyone's word except those who have been through the process. For example if NIIT in your region claims that they will provide placement assistance, ask for the previous records and if possible, contacts of the persons who got placed through them. Talk to them and they'll be the best people to tell you what to do.

It would also help to network with as many people as you can; from your college alumni to friends of friends who are working for companies. If nothing works out; try your luck with startups in different cities. Startups are often willing to work with fresh engineers who are talented and know their subjects/tools well.

...and do everything with a smiling face, worries et al. Be regular here on CE. ๐Ÿ˜€ All the best!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Follow this link: Beauty of the Web The beta version of Internet Explorer will be released to the public on September 15, 2010. What do you expect from IE this...
hi freind's........i decided to do an project based on wireless mobile charging in the range of 1km .so please guide me how to start my project and finish it effectively....๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Subrata Datta, a Hyderabad-based engineer, has invented a matchbox-sized device that can power homes even during power cuts. SOURCE:- https://www.siliconindia.com/shownew..._medium=Email&utm_campaign=Weekend Newsletter PS-I don't understand what is the main purpose of...
CEans, We had extended the dates of the competition by about 14 days. Finally, we have found a winner. Of all the threads contributed, we found CEan: Goyal420 to be...
Hello everyone many of us have some doubts regarding various types of errors generated while compiling and linking of our programs. So here are some useful information which i want...