Guy Kawasaki - How to Change the World

[​IMG]
First, he formed the 'Rules for Revolutionaries'. Then, he taught us the 'Art of the Start'. As a Chief Evangelist at Apple & an Apple Fellow, he changed the world.
He empowers entrepreneurs so that they can change the world. We had to pinch ourselves to believe that the co-founder & managing director of Garage Technology Ventures Inc. USA, Mr. Guy Kawasaki has agreed for a Small Talk with us.

Presenting CE's Small Talk with Guy Kawasaki...

CE: Hello Guy, from being the Chief Evangelist at Apple to a Venture Capitalist at Garage Technology Ventures. How is the journey so far?

Guy: The journey is good. I have nothing to complain about. Apple was a great experience, but what I've done post Apple has been a blast too.

CE: What exactly did you do as an Evangelist at Apple?

Guy: I convinced companies to write software and create hardware for a computer with zero installed base, little documentation, few development tools, and no hard disk.

CE: You have authored several bestselling books. What motivated you to write "The Art of the Start"?

Guy: As a venture capitalist I was asked the same questions over and over about business plans, pitches, product introductions, recruiting, etc. I decided to write it all down so that I wouldn't have to repeat myself.

CE: You have a famous practical blog for impractical people titled How to change the world. Do you really think that people will learn how to change the world by reading your blog?

Guy: Actually, yes, I do. Maybe not in the sense of Gandhi or Martin Luther King, but every time someone starts a company or not for profit that does good, they do make the world a better place. My book is for them.

CE: Why and how did you build #-Link-Snipped-#

Guy: Two things. First, to democratize information so that more people can diffuse the news that they want to. Second, to make a few bucks.

CE: Your personal mantra is "empower entrepreneurs". How are you empowering the entrepreneurs?

Guy: I hope that my blog, book, and speeches inspire and inform people so that they can start companies that provide goods and services that make the world better. Every once in a while, as a venture capitalist, I also provide funding.

CE: More than 90% of the startups fail during first few years of operations. Considering the high failure rate, why should anyone start his/her own venture?

Guy: Because if you don't try, you will never know. If you let historical statistics, you'll probably not try to do anything great. 90% of people fail at everything--writing, speaking, playing music, playing professional sports, etc fail. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

CE: What is Guy's Golden Touch; which is 'Whatever is gold, Guy touches.'?

Guy: It's my way of explaining that the key to evangelism is to touch something gold. This is very different than believing everything I touch turns to gold. It's easy to evangelism good stuff. It's hard to evangelize crap.

CE: What according to you are three must-have qualities for any entrepreneur?

Guy: There's no good answer to this. Every case is different: sometimes it's hard work, sometimes it's luck, sometimes is expertise. One thing that's always true, though, is that you have to try. If you don't try, then hard work, luck, and expertise never come into play.

CE: We thank you for taking out time to talk to CrazyEngineers. What is your message to the CEans?

Guy: Engineers, not marketers, are the core of enterpreneurship--and I am a marketer saying this. I believe in supply-side entrepreneurship: Build something good enough, and "they will come." Engineering is hard--marketing is easy.
CrazyEngineers is thankful to Mr. Guy Kawasaki for taking out time to talk to us. More about information Guy Kawasaki, visit #-Link-Snipped-#. Visit Guy Kawasaki's famous blog at Web Server's Default Page

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guess, who is with us to celebrate our second birthday? Do not scratch your head. He is the man who changed the world forever. He is one of the greatest...
'Computer’ starts with ‘C’ and for most of you ‘C’ starts with ‘Let us C’. Yes! You guessed it right. We are extremely proud to have Mr. Yashwant Kanetkar on...
‘Skype’, without any doubt, has made the world a better place by simplifying the way we communicate on the Internet. CE is extremely proud to have Mr. Jaan Tallinn, the...
We are proud to have Sundar (co-founder & Director of Business Development) of DimDim Inc. DimDim is all set to bring the open source magic to the world of Web...
Innovation & Engineering – Zimbra Inc. combines it like magic. With its Open Source, next Generation Collaboration Suite rocking the Internet, Zimbra is all set to change the world of...