Gumroad Removes The Pain In Selling Digital Stuff Online

Gumroad is a new startup by three techies and led by a young Indian who earlier worked for Pinterest. Gumroad is all set to remove the pain from the whole process of selling your digital stuff online. As the company says, "If you can share it, you can sell it".

Traditionally, in order to sell your digital stuff online, you will have to list your goods in an online marketplace. When someone buys your products/service, the marketplace will keep a share of the price offered to you. But Gumroad eliminates the commissions. The whole process of selling your stuff is very simple. Here's a video demo of how it all works :-

You just have to upload your product to Gumroad and then share the link of the product that you want to sell with your audience. When potential buyers click on your link; they'll be redirected to the gumroad product page where they can simply check out the product. Gumroad handles everything for you and the best part of the deal is that it does not take a cut out of every sale.

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Hmm.. Interesting..

If they don't take a cut from the sales, where is their money coming from? What is their revenue model?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The best part is that it eliminates the commissions.
    Just went through their site. Looks good.

Loved the list of things they jotted down that one can sell -
    • Beta previews of a video game you are developing.
    • Some music that you never released.
    • Unused illustrations you spent hours and hours working on.
    • The source code of a killer app you developed.
    😉
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Wait, I just took a look at the FAQs. It says -

What is Gumroad's cut?

Simple. We take 5% + 25¢ of each transaction. For example: If you sell a digital video for $10, we get $0.75 and $9.25 is deposited into your account.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# They do take commission.

What is Gumroad's cut?

Simple. We take 5% + 25¢ of each transaction. For example: If you sell a digital video for $10, we get $0.75 and $9.25 is deposited into your account.
    There are no setup fees, monthly fees, bandwidth fees, or withdrawal fees.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oops! I should have read their FAQ. That's still a better deal, I guess.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want mobile bug circuitry nd procedures can any one help me
I am an Mechanical Engineer...I want to do something extra in my fav. field(MECHANICAL)...thts y i m here...
CEans, This summer all of us, together will update our site with information about summer internship and training opportunities and experience sharing from all over the world. Today almost every...
As has been the response of most of the test takers, the new GRE's toughest part is the Verbal section. This is because the synonyms and antonyms section has been...
COMPUTER SCIENCE & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY - CS ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS Mathematical Logic: Propositional Logic; First Order Logic. Probability: Conditional Probability; Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation; Random Variables; Distributions; uniform, normal,...