GTU (Gujarat Technical University) Will Allow Students To Design Their Own Course! #Happy

According to news by Ahmedabad Mirror, From Next semester onwards Engineering students (Diploma & Bachelors) will be able to study the subjects of their liking in the last year of their course. GTU Vice chancellor said that, for the students with no backlogs upto second last year will be given priviledge to select the subject they want to study in last year. So, an X discipline student can select subject from y discipline & study it, and vice versa.

GTU have already designed a software system for tracking the Project which students have to update weekly basis as per their progress in project work. Similar system will be available for students who are going to select the subject of their choice in last year. Students have to update the faculty/HOD & GTU on weekly basis about their study in their selected field.

This method is obviously going to raise the creativity level of student.
Will it change the current scenario of lame education system ? All other different states of India, should do the same ?
Share your opinion.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Last month, I had to struggle a lot to remove malacious script from my website when it was compromised by some unknown hacker The hacker had injected a malacious script...
Can any one help me for finding the closure of functional dependancy??? i want to do program for finding closure....yes any one idea to find closure....
This very addictive game, you just have to hit Dave let him surf and share your high score here. Earlier I scored above 1800 but here is current high score...
Even in today's digital age, 90% of the business is documented on paper and an average office worker prints out 10,000 sheets of paper per year although to be read...
I guess Google is really trying to be "the" conglomerate that could provide you with all the technology you need.. Anyway, what do you guys think about chromebooks? If you...