GSAT-18, India's Communication Satellite Inducted Into INSAT/GSAT System: ISRO

The GSAT satellites are India's indigenous satellites used for digital audio, data and video broadcasting, built by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). ISRO has confirmed that its latest satellite, GSAT-18 has now been inducted into the INSAT/GSAT system. The satellite was put up into the orbit using Ariane-5 VA-231 rocket from French company Arianespace. The satellite is equipped with 48 communication transponders designed to provide services in the normal C-Band, upper extended C-band and Ku-bands.

ISRO-GSAT-18-Launch
Photo Credit: Ariane 5 - Arianespace

After the GSAT-18 was put into its Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit aka GTO, ISRO's Master Control Facility took the charge and performed the initial orbit raising maneuvers. The Liquid Apogee Motor was used to put the satellite in its Geostationary Orbit.

The GSAT-18 has a lifespan of about 15 years. It will be a part of the Indian National Satellite (INSAT) system which was established back in 1983. INSAT continues to be one of the largest domestic communication system in the APAC region. The next satellite, GSAT-19E is expected to be put into service by December this year.

Relive the launch through this video courtesy of Arianespace -

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is it possible to change the exam center after confirmation??
Our CEan @mayurpathak 's turned an author with his book 'Novellas'. The book is a collection of short stories based on relationships and emotions from our everyday life. Having read...
Rimac Automobili owned, Croatia based Greyp Bikes has announced its latest bike that can do 240 kilometers on a single charge. Named 'Greyp G12H', the bike was unveiled at INTERMOT...
I am using win 7 and uses opera and chrome for surfing in my pc.i use my redmi not 3 for tethering and connect it for internet. It was good...
Since Reliance Jio is looking to spread its wings in the country fast, its smartphone wing is releasing handsets in quick succession. It is looking to capture all price points...