Griffin and Bajulaz six stroke engine

guys can u explain to me about griffin and bajulaz six stroke engine?

Replies

• Rohan_sK
    Rohan_sK
    The six stroke engines have two additional strokes to the normal cycle of an internal combustion engine. These two strokes comprise of one power storke and an exhaust. Air or steam is used as the working fluid for this stroke. As a result there is no pollution and also self cooling is achieved due to this.

The BAJULAZ six stroke engine is a bit different with its own modifications. A similar six stroke engine was developed by the students of an engineering college in Trivandrum by experimenting with the regular Honda Four stroke engine.

The design and the workin of the BAJULAZ is as follows:

DESIGN :

The BAJULAZ is qiute similar to the regular four stroke engine but has some modification done in the cylinder head for its operational purpose.

The cylinder has two additional chambers on the top of the head, one being the Fixed Capacity Combustion Chamber and the second is the Air Preheating chamber. Both these chambers have a fixed volume.

WORKING :

The Comubstion chamber gets an intake of hot air from the last exahust stroke. This preheated air is mixed with a spray of gasoline fuel which is atomised and injected to the combusiton chamber. Thie fuel-air mixture is burned in the chamber ISOCHORICALLY ie a Constant Volume Combustoin.

As a result the combustion is much more EFFICIENT than that in the normal combustion chamber. So greater Pressure is achieved from the same Fuel Air mixture quantity. Hence the thermal efficiency increases.

This High Pressure mixture is released into the Cylinder where it expands to provide the POWER STROKE. The second chamber which blankets the Combustion chamber has fresh air in it which is heated up to a considerable degree due to the burnt fuel air mixture by heat conduction through the walls.

This increase the pressure and tempreature of this air. It is then introduced to the cylinder to give the second power stroke.

Thus there are TWO POWER STROKES in the complete cycle and at the end of the exhaust, instead of Fuel Air mixture an intake of Fresh Air is taken in the cylinder which is removed in the sixth stroke.

There is appropriate design modification done in the cylinder head and the valves to facilitate the two additional strokes.

EFFICIENCY AND BENEFITS :

1. Due to the Air being heated in the additional preheat chamber during the first power stroke, the otherwise wasted heat from the fuel air charge is utilised to heat the working fluid for the next power stroke.

This gives two benefits :

a. It increases the Fuel Efficiency. Fuel consumption reduced by almost 40 %.

b. And it provides partial cooling as the heat is utilised for next stroke.

2. There is an esatimated 40% reduction in the fuel consumption with this system.

3. Better Scavenging is done with freah air intake.

4. Greater Power extracted from same quantity of fuel air mixture and from the same cycle.

5. Lower Working tempreature helps in better engine performance

6. The Pollution is greatly reduced as the final exhaust is pure Air and greatly reduced ( upto 60% less) Carbon Monoxide or unburnt hydrocarbons.

7. It can run on petrol, diesel and even LPG is claimed to be usable as a fuel.
  • gohm
    gohm
    The Griffin six stroke uses an opposed cylinder working at half rate. This engine has a higher compression and no valves.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends, I am working on WSN based project for this i want to measure parameters like soil moisture,soil temperature,soil pH. The sensors which i saw are very expensive so...
Hello, everyone I am IT student. Please suggest me projects related to networking and software development for final year 😕
hi i already designed non powered glider with balsa which has only elevator and rudder.now i want to design powered glider with balsa and it should be able to make...
Dears, Do you have any Idea about Refractory? I would like to know about refractory more details. I know it is used for resistance high tempurature. In addition, If you...
which is the best (latest version) of gprs which is most efficent in connectiing internet how is edge distinguished from gprs i tried from wikipedia but ididnt understand General Packet...