Greetings from Calcopedia

Dear Colleagues,

I just wanted to say hi and let you know of a new calculation site/tool I have been developing (please let me know if there are any tools you would find useful if I created for you). I have created it with engineering/technology in mind. At its core it is an online platform where it should be simple to both create, share and use calculation tools of all types. As it should be simple for anybody to use you can create calculation tools in a recognizable spreadsheet interface.

If it sounds interesting, please have a look at #-Link-Snipped-# and let me know what you think!

Please note that you can search use, share (and look at the underlying code) without registering, but if you want to create a tool that you can share with others you will need to register an account (it’s free).

I hope you find it useful, and please let me know if you have any specific problems where you would find a calculation tool useful, I would be happy to create custom tools for you in the platform!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Welcome to CrazyEngineers. Do you wish to offer API for the calculators on your site?
  • David Sandgren
    David Sandgren
    Hi. Yes, that can be arranged if desired. What type of usage did you have in mind?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't have any specific use in mind at this time; but this could be very useful. Let's see if others can pitch in ideas.
  • David Sandgren
    David Sandgren
    Hi Kaustubh,

I just wanted to give you a short update. I have now implemented not this, but made it possible to "embed" calcopedia tools into other pages/forums.

That is, I have enabled embedding of "calcopedia tools/apps" using iframes. That means that you can embed them into any home page using for example the following code: (at calcopedia you can get this info by opening a tool, clicking the menu button by the tool title and choosing embed)

< iframe src="//calcopedia.com/sapp/demo/wriser:0" style="border:0px #ffffff none; overflow-x: hidden;" height="500px" width="500px">

However, many forum softwares block external content by default, e.g. for wordpress you would need to install a plugin such as the iframe plugin (iframe – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org) ans instead us the following code:

[iframe src="//calcopedia.com/sapp/demo/wriser:0" height="500" width="500"]

You can of course change the size in any way you want.
  • David Sandgren
    David Sandgren
    Hi Kaustubh,

I just wanted to give you a short update. I have now implemented embedding of Calcopedia into other pages/forums, not exactly an api but maybe covering many of the same uses.

That is, I have enabled embedding of "calcopedia tools/apps" using iframes. That means that you can embed them into any home page using for example the following code: (at calcopedia you can get this info by opening a tool, clicking the menu button by the tool title and choosing embed)

< iframe src="//calcopedia.com/sapp/demo/wriser:0" style="border:0px #ffffff none; overflow-x: hidden;" height="500px" width="500px">

However, many forum softwares block it by default, e.g. in wordpress you would need to install a plugin such as the iframe plugin (iframe – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org) and instead us the following code:

[iframe src="//calcopedia.com/sapp/demo/wriser:0" height="500" width="500"]

You can of course change the size in any way you want.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In 2011, while in his third year studying IT engineering from JECRC, Jaipur, Hitesh Malviya set up HCF Infosec Limited - an IT services company, which was the first of...
I'm thinking if the number of features make a product or service popular? That is, more the number of features a product or service offers; the better are its chances...
Am having two routers with different network, I wanted to know can I connect two routers with Internet access in single network?
Karbonn Mobiles very quietly have put up details about their brand new smartphone on their company website. The Karbonn Quattro L55 HD was spotted by prying eyes of the media...
Waiting for the darkness to unfold the truth behind those red-masked eyes? Talking about ROG logo of course, recently the team reunited to bring ROG GX-700 in India and today...