GreenIndex: Indian consumers have best sustainable behavior

Gereenindex measures and monitor the progress of consumers from different countries toward environmentally sustainable consumption. This survey results are rolled out by National Geographic society in association with GlobeScan.

The key objectives is to provide regular quantitative measures of consumer behavior so that, they can be promoted for the sustainable consumption.

In recent survey, India had topped the list of 17 countries however USA is listed last in the list. On the contrary, India is also topped the list for the consumers that have guilt of ruining the environment; however USA again came on the last and their consumers doesn't car about ruining the environment and still do everything they adds to environmental pollution.

Now, the question even though folks from developing countries are shown to be guilt and most aware towards sustainability, but still here we have utmost environmental problems. Why?? Does infrastructural things adds to it, or the survey results looks fake?

-CB

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Developed countries are aware of the problem, and the cheapest solution they could think of is to dispose of the waste in the developing countries and the third world. Waste is generated by someone else, and its effects are felt somewhere else.. I think this is the reason that could explain the survey's results. I also think the survey results will mostly be true, and not fake.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just now a friend told me that CDAC's C-CAT Result is announced today. She has a difficulty in calculating the percentile. Did anyone here take C-CAT 2012? What is your...
I wanted to do projects on control system, to understand it fully.. Please help me about the ideas..
now here is another automatic scooter from hero (formerly known as hero-honda). this one looks like quite the rip-off of the honda activa. now this is the second such a...
Hi Friends, I need to buy a new Portable External HDD (1Tb), but after reading reviews at many sites for Seagate and WesternDisk(WD), I am in confusion. I want your...
I would like to know if it is possible to inference a GSM device in an electronic lock and make it work with a help of a mobile device instead...