2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Green machines: sowing the seeds of farming 4.0

Question asked by Ramani Aswath in #Coffee Room on Jan 25, 2020
Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Jan 25, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

Engineer(UK) says:

“The third agricultural revolution is what we’re living through today,” he said. “It’s defined by chemicals, it’s defined by fertiliser, it’s defined by big, heavy tractors. But it’s no longer working for farmers and we need something new to take us into the future.

“The fourth agricultural revolution, by contrast, can be defined by swarms of small, smart machines and minimal, or no, cultivation at all.”

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/green-machines-farming-4-0/

Posted in: #Coffee Room
bill yorke
bill yorke · Jan 25, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

The fourth agricultural revolution could be based from concerns of pollution on land by use of fertilizers and chemicals, climate change factors such as problems of rain and unpredictable whether pattern and at some time catastrophic, or growing agricultural land scarcity from encroaching developments and other sectors or continuous degraded soil fertility. I foresee a time whereby agricultural farming shall be laboratory based with intensive conditioning machines and systems and continuous cycle of growth.#my thoughts

Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
Rank A2 - PRO

Sounds interesting as more people move to urban areas and other fields occupation , there is a great need for labour in agriculture sector. Looking on the future, the AI based farming with minimal robotic machines were a reality and a revolution indeed.i hope it follows regular method of farming without life taking pesticides And insecticides.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up