Greatest Engineers Of All Time

I searched for it on the Web, but couldn't come up with a satisfying answer. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Most websites reflected the same names...

I know it's a difficult question to answer, considering so many Branches of Engineering...
But I think Some Engineers were and are EXCEPTIONAL... irrespective of their branch or field of Engineering.

๐Ÿ˜Ž So, I would like to know about it from CEans..

Who do you think are the GREATEST ENGINEERS OF ALL TIME?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Marconi..
    Graham Bell and
    Thomas Alva Edison.
    They might be inventors, but engineers of highest grade ๐Ÿ˜€ as i see
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...Whoever thought of spinning the wheel and putting it to some good use. That changed everything ๐Ÿ˜

[Hold on: Engineers or Inventors?]
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    I think, engineer works in groups & its a collective effort. Also the work done by a engineer is further enhanced later by another engineer. So I don't think its appropriate to talk about a particular engineer. we can talk about the greatest evolution in engineering like computer evolution. Lets assume, we regard the inventor of diode as the greatest engineer which formed the base of creation of computers, then what about the MIT student (I forget his name) who gave the idea of using boolean algebra in design of modern computers. And what about the group of people who actually designed it & enhanced it to new levels. And what about charlies babbage who designed the first computers - differential & analytic machine (though they were failures but gave inspiration for modern computers).
    So I think we can have the greatest inventors & scientist but not the greatest engineer!
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    durga
    Marconi..
    Graham Bell and
    Thomas Alva Edison.
    They might be inventors, but engineers of highest grade ๐Ÿ˜€ as i see
    dont u miss James Watt and J L Baird, their engineering brought about radical changes just like the above mentioned people ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    In my view, Every Inventor is an Engineer. All Inventors are great, no doubt about it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nikola Tesla and... Tony Stark! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    In my view every CEan is the greatest engineer of all time as an engineer might not be an inverter but also might be a generalist who brings every specialization technique together to make a substance which can be useful to everyone.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    According to me, it was Leonardo da Vinci.

Check out the VoiCE post about him: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    Archimedes
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    Sir Issac Newton father of physics ....
    Fourier and laplace without whom we cannot imagine about Electronics...
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I like Leonardo da Vinci , and Einstein!
  • kapilesh
    kapilesh
    i think i am the greatest engineer
  • gohm
    gohm
    I hate to play favorites, but my top three are firmly: 1. Mr. Nikola Tesla, 2. Mr. George Washington Carver & 3. Mr. Al Jazari
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thank you everyone for your responses. But, would you mention the major points that make you think that these people are the Greatest Engineers of all time?

We would all benefit from the information regarding all those Crazy Engineers ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    According to me a great engineer is one who is willing to keep on experimenting and innovating throughout his career unmindful of the setbacks.
    For me Martin Cooper the inventor of the cell-phone at Motorola stands out.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Sir Issac Newton and Albert Einstein.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CE'ans. Animation is the branch, where whole world is your's. You can do anything at any time in any unexpected way... If you are 'fan' of Macromedia Flash, here's...
Howdy, I am a Mechanical Engineer by Education (Now a Diploma Holder soon going to join in Graduation) You can know more about me here Balaji J H But i...
Meaning: cowardly Usage: The President condemned the terrorist attack as a dastardly act and vowed to take all measures to apprehend the criminals. Syn: base, timid, worthless, spineless
Hey guys, I am doing my engineering from a reputed college in Mumbai, from the field of Computers... Sometime time back I attended a seminar by karROX technology LTD for...
Hello my project is (( PC controlled Musical Insturement)) ,without AVR and we will use the keyboard to enter the inputs so, i have to know about the serial communication...