GRE preparation

Hi friends....
I thot of preparing for GRE...
I want to kno abt the new GRE pattern....
pls help me...

Replies

• LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    Description of the Test
    The GRE is divided into three scored sections and one or two un-scored sections.
    Verbal : 30 questions - (30 minutes)
    * Question types include: Analogies, sentence completion, antonyms, and reading comprehension.
    * Tests vocabulary, verbal reasoning skills, and the ability to read with understanding and insight.
    Quantitative : 28 questions - (45 minutes)
    * Question types include: Problem solving, quantitative comparison, and graph problems.
    * Tests basic mathematical skills, ability to understand mathematical concepts, and quantitative reasoning skills.
    Analytical : 35 questions - (60 minutes)
    * Question types include: Logical reasoning and logic games.
    * Tests ability to understand and analyze arguments and to understand and draw logical conclusions.
    Experimental Section
    In addition to the three scored sections, there may be one 'experimental' section that looks like one of the scored sections; but does not count toward your score. ETS uses the experimental section to pre-test the questions that will show up on the scored sections of future GREs. It looks just like one of the scored sections, so you won't be able to identify it.
    Research Section
    Sometimes there's a fifth section called the 'research section', which is optional. This one too doesn't count toward your score.

Hope that helped you...
  • kirthika
    kirthika
    Its great..
    Thnks a lot...
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Great Information Lord EC. Seems you are an experienced guy. Can you guide people here who are GRE aspirants on some tips in cracking GRE?
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    @mayur
    I am a CAT guy.Though you can post your queries,i wil surely reply to them.
  • gauravkelkar
    gauravkelkar
    Hiiii m Gaurav kelkar. i m in 3rd sem . is dis d right time to go for gre preparations (i guess it is) . N wats d best preraration materials (books) dat i should refer to ??? n hw should i start d preparations ?? Can u help me wid dis plz....
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Gaurav, how is your Vocab section? I do not know about the exact breakup of the GRE now, but back when I was doing my engineering, the word lists were pretty important. And 3rd sem was just about the time to be preparing your wordlists. If you think you are rock solid on that front, then focus on the other aspects.
  • Mahesh
    Mahesh
    Hi Gaurav,

For GRE,prepare from Barrons for both sections.Concentrate more on verbal part as it requires application rather than memory these days.Quant can be easy if you have strong basics.As you have a lot of time,improve your writing skills for scoring high in AWA as well.
  • gauravkelkar
    gauravkelkar
    Hey Thanx for d advice.....ne thing else apart from barron that i should refer to......thanx again n can u plz keep me updated wid all d latest info. abt GRE if u can do so.....
  • crook
    crook
    gauravkelkar
    Hey Thanx for d advice.....ne thing else apart from barron that i should refer to......thanx again n can u plz keep me updated wid all d latest info. abt GRE if u can do so.....
    Keep a close watch on this section! That is how you will get all the latest information about GRE.
  • gauravkelkar
    gauravkelkar
    hey does d college result matters in d gre exam in any ways?????
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    A good balanced academic record holds an important position in GRE.You shud have very good projects,since you are planning to do higher studies in science.
    So make good proects.Good intern also helps a lot.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    You have provided great information about GRE Lord EC.

@ Gauravkelkar and Kirthika : As told by Lord EC, GRE has a section dedicated to English Vocabulary. You may be a genius in English right now. But, if you continue using SMS language as you have done in all your posts, your level will degrade, and I am not joking on this matter. Please compose your words and edit and format the post before posting in any thread. It is a good habit. This SMS language has deteriorated peoples vocabulary so much that in England many teenagers and youngsters don't know the proper spellings and pronunciation of many words.
  • mouni
    mouni
    ๐Ÿ˜
    gauravkelkar
    Hiiii m Gaurav kelkar. i m in 3rd sem . is dis d right time to go for gre preparations (i guess it is) . N wats d best preraration materials (books) dat i should refer to ??? n hw should i start d preparations ?? Can u help me wid dis plz....
    Hi,

I've used the free info and tips from You can try this online resource.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

plz..... let me know about computer science engg seminar topics for final year students. plzzzzzzz................ suggest some good topics
Hii for all Crazy Engineers here i'm builing a CNC Software using Parallel Port to Interface steppers... how can i make a fast switching - 3 MHZ for example-on the...
CEans, I wonder if we've discussed such a problem on CE. I'm sure we've lots of motorcycle enthusiasts here. My motorcycle sports a nice Disk Brake. Unfortunately, it has stopped...
Here is a series, can anyone find the next string of the series below? 1 11 21 1211 111221 ? Regards, CEAN ๐Ÿ˜€.
๐Ÿ˜ Wishing many happy returns of the day to CrazyBoy ๐Ÿ˜ May you continue to Rock It's been a long time since you visited, where are you? ๐Ÿ˜• -The Big...