Grand Quiz Contest Question #20

The 20th Question of the #-Link-Snipped-# is as follows -

[Worth 20 CE Coins]

Who said this -

"
F V Z C Y V P V G L V F G U R H Y G V Z N G R F B C U V F G V P N G V B A." ?

Convert the above sentence to plain english & tell the date of birth of the famous person who said it.

Clues for solving:

1. Shift happens -

2. Though some people find me unfortunate, I am on the list baby -

find-the-number

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE : Do not forget to mention how you arrived at the answer using the clues above. 😉

FASTEST TO ANSWER CORRECTLY WINS!

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Joey Santiago is the person( one of pixies). His date of birth is june 10,1965.
    1st clue helped that for apple advertisement
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Through the second clue, got to know that he is from pixies and then through the first clue I've concluded he is Joey!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Well, you have to convert the sentence to English too!

And the clues help you discover how to convert it.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Jose Roberto Santiago. Born: 10-Jun-1965.
    Quote: “I just found the word 'Pixies' in a dictionary and it sounded like rock 'n' roll.”
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Jose Roberto Santiago. Born: 10-Jun-1965.
    “You flip a coin and you lie in bed and that's a long good-bye - you know?”

2nd gives out about the pixies!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Reminder - You have to "convert" the sentence.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    The sentence reads

"SIMPLICITY IS THE ULTIMATE SOPHISTICATION"

It's said by Leonardo Da Vinci.

He was born on April 15, 1452

The clue was this:
    Though some people find me unfortunate, I am on the list baby

The unfortunate number is 13. So, if each letter in the riddle is shifted by 13, we get the quote!! 😀
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    To clarify, the 2nd picture signified Pixies.

They had a track named "No. 13 Baby".

That's where the number 13 came from, in addition to it being unfortunate and all.... 😀
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    @SS - Too Good of a answer, HATS OFF. No-one other than SS could have reach there with this speed.
    Combination of First clue and second clue :
    CLue 1, Picture - Apple - pple’s first brochure, the headline was ‘Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication’. Also Steve Job used to give this quote in almost all his big presentations - “Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication.”
    Clue 1, Text - Shifts
    Clue 2, Picture - Doodle Pixies,
    Clue 2, Text - Unfortunate, I am on list Baby --> No. 13 Baby
    As told by SS, shifting every character by 13 letter given in the question we get “Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication.” which was originally given by Leonardo Da Vinci (April 15, 1452)

-CB
  • bodix
    bodix
    from the first clue "apple" i can say that the famous man was the late former Apple CEO Steve Jobs. may his soul rest in peace.
    from the second clue "Picies (Feb.19-Mar.20)" was the zodiac sign of Steve Jobs' birthday of February 24, 1955.
    The above sentence' every character when converted, i.e. f=s, v=i, z=m, c=p & so on, corresponds to "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.". 😉
  • bodix
    bodix
    from the first clue "apple", i can say that the famous man who said the above sentence was the late former Apple CEO STEVE JOBS. may his soul rest in peace.
    from the second clue "Picies", that was the Zodiac sign of Steve Job's birthday of Feb. 24, 1955.
    from the 2nd clue again, the famous unfortunate number 13 will be added to every letter in the above sentence to come up with another letter in the alphabet (i.e. f+13= s, v+13= i, & so on) & the converted sentence will be "SIMPLICITY IS THE ULTIMATE SOPHISTICATION."
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Before closing this thread, I would like to mention that -

Apart from the 1st clue's reference to Mr. Steve Jobs ( _/\_ Respect), it also meant - The apple gets 'rotten' with time. Thus, giving an indirect reference to ROT13 encryption technique.

😀

I hope everyone enjoyed solving it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want 'Countdown Timer' code for my project, and my project is about 'Online Examination'. So please get me that code so that i can complete my project as soon...
Can anyone explain me,which logic gates follow and don't follow which of the laws like Commutative,Distributive,Associative etc. And how?
1) If z=x*y then z*x is? Options- 1)x 2)0 3)y 4)1 2) How many functions are possible with 'n' binary variables? 3) How many functions are possible with 2 Boolean...
There's a sudden rise of rumors about the announcement of next Playstation in 2012. Killzone, one of the most popular games on PS platform is said to be under development...
The structure of CPU for a typical Von Neumann Machine is as follows - [Image Courtesy - Donovan Book] The structure above consists of - 1. Instruction Interpreter 2. Location...