Grand Quiz Contest Question #19

The 19th Question of the #-Link-Snipped-# is as follows -

[Worth 5 CE Coins]

The local milk shop would be closed for the next few days.
Knowing this fact, two girls Sia & Ria purchased enough milk for the next few days.
Sia bought 5 cartons of milk and Ria 3 cartons.

Just after the shop closed that day, Mia who was the common friend of both Sia & Ria came and said, "Please lend me some cartons too."

Upon which, Sia said, "Let's divide them equally among us."

Mia gave the 2 friends Rs. 80 and said, "Please share the money in proportion to the quantity of milk that you have contributed to me."

How will Sia and Ria divide the money among themselves?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Tell us the solution and the procedure used to derive it.

Fastest to answer correctly wins!

Replies

• Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Sia- Rs.70(two and a half carton)
    Ria-Rs.10(half carton)
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    milk is equally divided among them. so sia contributes 7/3 and ria contributes 1/3.
    so sia gets 70 rs and ria gets 10 rs.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Typo! :O

64 and 16
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Since they decided to divide the milk equally, each would get 8/3 cartons of milk.

That means, Sia would have to give 7/3 cartons of milk and Ria should give 1/3 cartons, for all 3 to be equal.

Then each would have 8/3 cartons of milk.

So, it's clear that the ratio of milk shared by Sia and Ria is 7:1

So, Sia gets Rs.70 and Ria gets Rs.10
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    Sia has 5 cartons, and finally she had 8/3 afetr distribution. so she gave 7/3, and so ria gave 1/3. the ratio becomes 7:1. so sia gets 70 rs. and ria gets 10 rs.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The thread is now closed.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am currently pursuing 4-1 in some engg college of AP..The problem is , I took .Net as my platform for my Miniproject.Now,I am a little bit confused as to...
I am planning to develop a Pure Sine Wave inveter 500W. Requesting your help to fulfill the same. Thanks in advance...
Name: Harish Kotra Engineering Trade: Computer Science & Engineering Location: Andhra Pradesh Occupation: Student Work Experience: None for now. Hobbies & Interests: I am an Android Enthusiast and a passionate...
Wishing a very, very happy birthday to CEans Mohit & Manish. 😁 Be proud to be a november born! 😉 Many Many Happy Returns of the Day! 🎉
IITs are considering that joint entrance examination (JEE) should be conducted online, just like the CAT for IIMs. The IIT-Delhi, which is organizing IIT-JEE 2012, has invited all IIT directors...