GPS Creative Usage Ideas

in what creativ way can we use gps in order to do a creative project based on gps and gis ?? thank u ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    use gps for making of navigation control i mean make the vehicle position and move vehicle on it
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    You can use GPS to target ads... ๐Ÿ˜€ Like when you go near to a Landmark showroom, you can send the latest offers available there... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    There are lot of application where GPS is main part of the project. What is this GIS?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    godfather
    There are lot of application where GPS is main part of the project. What is this GIS?
    Geographic Information System... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    use it to find nearby hospitals in emergency cases.
  • AT-OK
    AT-OK
    GPS gives you the information of speed too !!
    why not utilize it to the dashboard and get the count of speed instead counting the turns of wheels.
    and yes you can use GPS as the self calibrated RTC ,as once GPS gets avail it'll gives you time update in string.
    if you use the moduals of some well known companies like Fastrack, it can provide you built in battery backup of 4 Hours.
    or you can cop it up with GSM and increase the range of possiblites..
    Best of Luck..๐Ÿ‘
  • lal
    lal
    But if gps solely is used for speed measurement, I doubt how accurate the result will be. Even the positioning is accurate only to 10 meters for commercial gps modules.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    lal
    But if gps solely is used for speed measurement, I doubt how accurate the result will be. Even the positioning is accurate only to 10 meters for commercial gps modules.
    Right Speed Measurement can't be accurate with GPS Module only. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Praveen-Kumar
    Geographic Information System... ๐Ÿ˜€
    Mahmoud Tabikh
    in what creativ way can we use gps in order to do a creative project based on gps and gis ?? thank u ๐Ÿ˜
    using gps and gis technologies, we can built up a project as such " for blind people when they want to know exactly at want location they are", this technique may be useful. this is just my idea, but i am not sure whether it is possible.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    aarthivg
    using gps and gis technologies, we can built up a project as such " for blind people when they want to know exactly at want location they are", this technique may be useful. this is just my idea, but i am not sure whether it is possible.
    Actually a great idea. I also don't know this is possible or not but may be in coming years we can see this technology as well. I think there is a Implanted chip 'allows blind people to detect objects' - BBC News which allows them to see. So anything is possible.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    born_star16
    Actually a great idea. I also don't know this is possible or not but may be in coming years we can see this technology as well. I think there is a Implanted chip 'allows blind people to detect objects' - BBC News which allows them to see. So anything is possible.
    thanks. i have never heard about the "chip for blind people", can you please say about it in detail.
  • AT-OK
    AT-OK
    lal
    yah. you are right,this thing may happen.
    speed need to be precised..you will not get it from the GPS.
    Thanks for my bug fixation. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    aarthivg
    thanks. i have never heard about the "chip for blind people", can you please say about it in detail.
    Actually, I read about it in some newspaper some time ago. I don't know it was successful or not. There are some articles related to it. You can have an idea.
    1) Implanted chip 'allows blind people to detect objects' - BBC News
    2) #-Link-Snipped-#
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    born_star16
    Actually, I read about it in some newspaper some time ago. I don't know it was successful or not. There are some articles related to it. You can have an idea.
    1) Implanted chip 'allows blind people to detect objects' - BBC News
    2) #-Link-Snipped-#
    thanks you sir.
  • amolhshah
    amolhshah
    A concept you can work on is called as Location Based Advertisement...it is the future of advertisement basically it is used in mobiles...consider a bus/train with digital advertisement board outside it....suppose the bus route is Mumbai-igatpuri-nasik....so when the bus is in mumbai it will show advertisement of shops/restaurants of mumbai when it reaches igatpuri it shows adds related to igatpuri area and when it reaches nasik it will show adds of nasik shops.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    amolhshah
    A concept you can work on is called as Location Based Advertisement...it is the future of advertisement basically it is used in mobiles...consider a bus/train with digital advertisement board outside it....suppose the bus route is Mumbai-igatpuri-nasik....so when the bus is in mumbai it will show advertisement of shops/restaurants of mumbai when it reaches igatpuri it shows adds related to igatpuri area and when it reaches nasik it will show adds of nasik shops.
    those add came be placed in bus stand itself. whats the need to have it in bus?
  • amolhshah
    amolhshah
    currently buses and trains do have advertisement on their sides....the target is not the bus stand but the people on the road and in cities like mumbai people spend a considerable amount of time traveling specially stuck in traffic so they could be our potential targets moreover digital boards gives you a flexibility of showing numerous adds in the same space....
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    amolhshah
    currently buses and trains do have advertisement on their sides....the target is not the bus stand but the people on the road and in cities like mumbai people spend a considerable amount of time traveling specially stuck in traffic so they could be our potential targets moreover digital boards gives you a flexibility of showing numerous adds in the same space....
    don't mistake me.. i just have a doubt that's why asking you. i feel that "even a mobile phone can do this".
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Location Reminder App:
    We all set reminder by time or date. With this app we can set a reminder by the location.

For example: I want to buy some medicines from shop A. Whenever (any time / any date) I'm nearby shop A, the reminder pops up.

This App is already available.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Dancer_Engineer
    Location Reminder App:
    We all set reminder by time or date. With this app we can set a reminder by the location.

For example: I want to buy some medicines from shop A. Whenever (any time / any date) I'm nearby shop A, the reminder pops up.

This App is already available.
    app stands for?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    aarthivg
    app stands for?
    An application software is referred to as an "app".

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm currently in my 4th semester and i want to appear for GATE after I complete my engineering. I want to prepare from now bcoz it's always good to be...
Tata Nano starter motors are being replaced by the company free of cost. The company claims that the whole replacement activity is done proactively to offer improved Nano performance to...
I'm wondering whether we can compile a list of places where you have a high chance of meeting your startup co-founder. I believe the best place is your college where...
Do we have CEans here who've made a switch from Microsoft Windows to to Apple OSX? If yes, how's your experience of switching the operating system: - learning curve, ease...
1. Video Watermarking 2. Shopping Cart development using Message Gateway integration 3. Client system Monitoring via Mobile based Message integration 4. X-Ray Annotation 5. Automated Time Based Application Runner 6....