Got a job offer from Mphasis but there is some problem. Please help!

I am currently in my last (8th) semester of B.Tech. and I have been selected by Mphasis as software trainee on my campus placement. The joining could be anytime between June '15 to April '16. The problem is I had a backlog in 6th sem in subject graph theory and I will give the exam to clear it in May, along with my 8th semester exams. The result of this backlog along with the result of 8th sem will be declared in the last week of July.
My question is even though Mphasis has said they will give us some time after joining to submit the provisional degree & result of 8th sem if it is not declared at the time of joining, they have not said anyting about the result of a backlog. So my question is will there be any problem if I get the joining date before my backlog result is announced? Please help me. I am very anxious.

Replies

• Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Sending you some messages for some clarifications. Please reply.
  • shiva6
    shiva6
    There was no specific mention of any backlog criteria in their eligibility criteria. So I or anybody else didn't mention anything about it.
  • lal
    lal
    You'll get the best and most valid answer if you write to Mphasis HRM. There should be an e-mail address mentioned in the communications made by Mphasis to you for clarifying your doubts or just to talk with them.

It doesn't help to summarise things from the guesses people make in this thread. The end result might be just the opposite of what we end up with.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We all will be making guesses here and as #-Link-Snipped-# said, the most authentic answer can be obtained only from the HR or RM at Mphasis. If you can't get in touch with them, ask your college's T&P officer to get the clarification.

Also, there are very high chances that you won't receive joining letter until around August. So talk to your T&P officer and see what are your options.
  • shiva6
    shiva6
    Okay, Thank you all for your suggestions.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    I would strongly suggest not to contact HR first. Talk to TNP cell first. Let there be some settlement if possible to delay the joining. One of my friends lost his job in one of MNCs in Pune.
  • shiva6
    shiva6
    Koushal Patel
    I would strongly suggest not to contact HR first. Talk to TNP cell first. Let there be some settlement if possible to delay the joining. One of my friends lost his job in one of MNCs in Pune.
    Okay will talk to my TPO.
  • shiva6
    shiva6
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We all will be making guesses here and as #-Link-Snipped-# said, the most authentic answer can be obtained only from the HR or RM at Mphasis. If you can't get in touch with them, ask your college's T&P officer to get the clarification.

Also, there are very high chances that you won't receive joining letter until around August. So talk to your T&P officer and see what are your options.
    Today I received my marksheet & in it I have been given 4 grace marks and written "Pass with grace" on it. So I don't have a backlog but grace marks. So will it affect my placement now?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    shiva6
    Today I received my marksheet & in it I have been given 4 grace marks and written "Pass with grace" on it. So I don't have a backlog but grace marks. So will it affect my placement now?
    Nope, you are pass then pass. But may be interviewer will see the marksheet they can just point it out. Nothing much.
  • lal
    lal
    That is nice, you don't have a backlog now. I would suggest you to try obtain the elegibility criteria. "They did not mention" - this is kinda impossible. There would be one, there have to be one infact. Please try to get the information from the faculty concerned in your college or the HR department of Mphasis. That should help clear any complications that might happen at a later time for the lack of information. We cannot assume things at important situations like this, instead be as clear as it can be.
  • shiva6
    shiva6
    lal
    That is nice, you don't have a backlog now. I would suggest you to try obtain the elegibility criteria. "They did not mention" - this is kinda impossible. There would be one, there have to be one infact. Please try to get the information from the faculty concerned in your college or the HR department of Mphasis. That should help clear any complications that might happen at a later time for the lack of information. We cannot assume things at important situations like this, instead be as clear as it can be.
    Yes there is i.e. >60%. What I said is that there is no criteria regarding backlog.
  • keshu14
    keshu14
    #-Link-Snipped-# did u ask mphasis HR about the backlog critera?....pls reply as soon as possible
  • shiva6
    shiva6
    N
    keshu14
    #-Link-Snipped-# did u ask mphasis HR about the backlog critera?....pls reply as soon as possible
    No I didn't.
  • keshu14
    keshu14
    #-Link-Snipped-# did u ask mphasis HR about the backlog critera?....pls reply as soon as possible .Cn u pls let me know whats the backlog criteria
  • shiva6
    shiva6
    keshu14
    #-Link-Snipped-# did u ask mphasis HR about the backlog critera?....pls reply as soon as possible .Cn u pls let me know whats the backlog criteria
    Sorry dude I don't know and nor I asked the HR because i don't have a backlog anymore.
  • keshu14
    keshu14
    do any of your friend possess the same problem as u ver in?
  • shiva6
    shiva6
    keshu14
    do any of your friend possess the same problem as u ver in?
    No. But I asked a senior and he told me Mphasis will postpone your joining date till you get your back result if you are lucky.
  • keshu14
    keshu14
    ok
  • keshu14
    keshu14
    #-Link-Snipped-# could u tl me anythng else regarding this issue?
  • shiva6
    shiva6
    keshu14
    #-Link-Snipped-# could u tl me anythng else regarding this issue?
    In which sem are you and in which sem do you have a back? And when will you be giving the backlog exam?
  • keshu14
    keshu14
    i am currently in 8th sem and i got back in 6th sem nd i ll be giving exams in may (both 8th sem and backlog)
  • shiva6
    shiva6
    keshu14
    i am currently in 8th sem and i got back in 6th sem nd i ll be giving exams in may (both 8th sem and backlog)
    Someone told me you can ask for some more time to submit provisional degree and by that time you can get your backlog result. But I would advise emailing HR and asking them directly AFTER you get your joining date letter because it may be the case that by the time you get your joining date you have already cleared all your exams.
  • keshu14
    keshu14
    ok will this help? bcz my result will be declared in july
  • shiva6
    shiva6
    keshu14
    ok will this help? bcz my result will be declared in july
    Yes, that's the best thing you can do right now.
  • keshu14
    keshu14
    ok thanks alot
  • Akash Aggarwal
    Akash Aggarwal
    shiva when did u get your joining ? and are you currently working with mphasis. please reply i am waiting for joining and want to know a date around which i can expect my joining. it is written that they want to onboard us from june 2016 to apr 2017

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : As the name suggest it will contains a lots of thing like calculator function with additional of table function in it.It also contain some important...
If you are a fan of open source platforms like Linux, then here might be a good news for you. UK based computer software company Canonical, announced yesterday on 6th...
In the hectic world of ours today;where there is practically no time for a breathing space let alone finding time for expression of love,gratitude or appreciation,Is celebration of 'days' really...
If you are a frequent traveller and love to explore new cities, chances of your using Google maps and its extensive set of features are pretty high. If you are...
Project Abstract / Summary : Today's market is not fully mature. One or more software compatibility layers have yet to emerge to allow the development of a rich robotics ecosystem...