Google's spring clean-up

In this spring season, rather we must say before holiday season. Google is going to phaseout following applications:
  • Google Mini,
  • Google Talk Chatback,
  • Google Video (20 Aug 2012),
  • Symbian Search App
  • iGoogle, (This still has some time but decision to phasing it out has been taken - November 1, 2013)
Last week, Matt Eicher fom Google mentioned in the Official Google blog, ""Closing products always involves tough choices, but we do think very hard about each decision and its implications for our users. Streamlining our services enables us to focus on creating beautiful technology that will improve people’s lives"

I never used any of these application a lot, however still I must say that these application had a good amount of users using them. How many of us at CE, used to use these applications, are we going to miss them?

-CB

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thats too bad Google. Most of us have never heard of few of these applications and care even less about fewer. Looks like a good decision to shut them down. Just checked iGoogle #-Link-Snipped-# the personalized home page. Looks like back in 2005, they were trying to experiment how Google+ should look like. The non-social features of iGoogle are more or less unnecessary.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiiiii i m pooja,and i m doing my 3rd yr b.tech wid electrical engineering branch... i just wan to make a model for my final yr ,plz do suggest some...
i have no working experience, give me chance to involve and get some for our goods 😀
Any online gaming lovers on the forum? Have you played Lord of Ultima? any reviews? -CB
Other virus will affect computer that being affected by DNS charger virus. The virus was a part of an online advertising scam, luring users into thinking they're on a safe...
The simplest computer is composed of a Hard Disk, a Microprocessor and Input/Output devices. The evolution of I/O devices is closely connected to the evolution of Operating Systems. We can...