Google's Social Network (Facebook Killer) May Launch @ SXSW - Says RWW

The read write web announced that they've confirmed from various sources that Google will announce their major social network at SXSW. Google's social network is obviously rival Facebook which currently enjoys the crown of being the biggest social network on the Internet with around 600 million users.

Google has tried beating the SN game in past with the Orkut and other social products. Then there were news of Google Me, Google +1 and so on but Google kept on denying that they were actually working on Social Networking Product on their own.

TC's Michael Arrington Social Is Too Important For Google To Screw Up With A Big Launch Circus • TechCrunch today saying that Social is very important for Google and they can't mess it with a 'one big press conference'. Michael is right. Apple has tried it in past with their 'ping' service integrated with iTunes, but they couldn't take it to seriously high levels to even compete with Facebook.

Facebook's beauty lies in the fact that everyone you know is on it - and that's why you must be using it as well.

However, Internet welcomes everything but only few can stay on. Orkut looked 'Facebook' in past, but Facebook eventually ate them. I'm sure there will be another network that will eat Facebook. Only time will tell.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Since the Electrical engineering has a group study thread so I've decided also to create a civil engineering group study thread. We will be discussing here topics and sharing information...
If you recall 2 to 3 years ago, netbooks were all the rage. These were underpowered laptops, usually with a 10-inch screen and ran from $250-$400, depending on the configuration....
i want this book "Switchgear Protection and Power Systems" by Sunil Rao.. plz upload it if anyone has the book. thankz
I can't imagine being in that place. Watch this fresh video released that captured live destruction of Japanese Coast. [video=youtube;CFvy2Lb_wEw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFvy2Lb_wEw&feature=player_embedded[/video]
What will you do when a stranger is at your door