Google's smart speakers: Home, Home Mini set for launch in India on April 10

Google has officially confirmed the launch of smart speakers Google Home and Home mini in India on April 10. The Home and Home mini speakers have been listed on Flipkart. The voice assisted speakers, based on Google Assistant were launched for the first time in the United States in 2016. Google introduced this product to compete with Echo, a popular smart speaker from Amazon.

google_home_india
Google Home and Home Mini
The smart speaker market in India is currently dominated by Amazon although some other small players are present. Google thus wants to enter the Indian market at this stage when the competition is not very fierce. Google has added Hindi voice command support to its voice assistant recently which will make the device more user-friendly for Indians. To make the deal more attractive for Indians, Google has enabled support for popular music streaming apps Saavn and Gaana in its smart speakers. Users will also have the option to make them their default music service.

google-home-mini
Google Home Mini
Besides being a device for playing your favorite music, these smart speakers can do more than that. The Google Home and Home mini can search for answers, news, weather, finance etc., control smart devices in your house, manage your calendar, read aloud audiobooks, set up reminders and much more. The smart speakers also work with Chromecast so users will be able to enjoy their favorite shows and movies.

The price of the smart speakers is expected to be announced on the launch day, i.e. April 10. In the US, the Google Home is available for $129 (approx. Rs 8390) and the Home mini costs $49(approx. Rs 3190). Based on the pricing in the US, we can expect similar prices in India.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Design Essentials: How to Convert from Rotary to Linear Motion
Austin Tackaberry In this post, I’ll share how I went from zero(ish) to a six-figure software engineering job offer in nine months while working full time and being self-taught. How...
It's often not easy or smooth to complete an electronic hardware project for many makers on their own, completing an electronic hardware project involves too many techniques, processes and knowledge,...
HMD Global unveiled its latest Nokia 6 (2018), Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 8 Sirocco smartphones for the Indian market at price tags of Rs. 16,999, Rs. 25,999 and Rs....
Hello Name: Jitendra yadav *Engineering Trade: IT Location: Jaipur *Occupation: (Self-Employed - Started Own Startup D5websoft) Work Experience: (10 years) *Hobbies & Interests: Coding *Aim in life: (To Grow my...