Googler Gets $3.5 Million Not To Join Facebook

For any technology driven company, engineers are the most important asset. The company that relies on innovation in technology and speed of execution, losing out engineers is surely a sign of downward spiral. With Facebook's surge in traffic and overall popularity all over the world, Google can't afford to lose its own engineers to Facebook. The company is willing to go to any limits to stop the migration of engineers to Google.

#-Link-Snipped-#
The Facebook

A staff engineer at Google was recently offered whooping $3.5 million in stock to reject Facebook's offer and stay with the company. The stock value is likely to go up in future. The fight for the good engineers is getting fierce between these two rivals. Facebook is eating Google's lunch and already became the #1 visited site in Google. It already has over 500 million users and the count is growing every day.

This is an interesting development as Google's one time big rival is firing about 2000+ employees this month!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There is a service on the Internet called ‘Web2PDF Convert’ that let’s us convert websites into pdf format. You might ask, why do we need this kind of service? The...
The mighty Facebook isn't really satisfied with the #1 position in the list of top visited sites in the USA. The big fat Facebook is now eating more from Google's...
If you want a cheap phone that is overloaded with features, Karbonn K25 has to be your choice.With in-built MP3 Player and 2.0 MP Camera, it serves all the needs...
During my tenure as a software engineer, I found many employees struggle to write that perfect resignation letter. Writing a simple, to-the-point resignation letter is an art. I think one...
AOL's building a new webmail product just like everyone else. The new mail will be launch on November 15th. Well, that's just a day ahead of Facebook launching its own...