Google Vs. Indian Government: Question Of Fundamental Rights!

Google's lawyer, N.K. Kaul told justice Suresh Kait that blocking their content would directly mean suppressing the fundamental right of 'freedom of speech'. Google India's case seems to be strong as mere banning of words isn't the solution. Kaul said that a word like 'virgin' may be used differently in different contexts. If that word is blocked, Richard Branson's Virgin company may unnecessarily get blocked. Users will then be deprived of the information they're looking for.

Looking at the ongoing debate, do you think Google India should face criminal charges for no removing the content generated by their users?

Replies

• born_star16
    born_star16
    Actually it is impossible to monitor every content shared on social networking sites. You can block some abusive words (like Pakistan did) but still what about the images. Millions of contents are posted every single minute, so looks impossible for me.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    If content screening has to be done, it cannot be done automatically nor the process can be automated. As I already mentioned, we can make a mess of he words used and can still be meaningful. So, manual screening only will be possible and for some area, the privacy comes into play...
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Complete screening is not possible, they can screen some sensitive things like religious pics and comments or something which can hurt mass feelings, but saying that pre-screen everything doesnt make any sense. And Criminal chargers??? what can anyone say about that, i mean how can they even justify those charges, may be by saying that riots happened because someone created a page on facebook.....๐Ÿ˜›
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    New Google Doodle for this...
    crazyboy
    New Google Doodle for this...
    Wow! When was this doodle? Couldn't see this! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Praveen-Kumar
    Wow! When was this doodle? Couldn't see this! ๐Ÿ˜”
    It was visible for U.S. users only....๐Ÿ˜›
    Pensu
    It was visible for U.S. users only....๐Ÿ˜›
    Oyee!!! Like what??? Wikipedia is hidden even for Indian users! ๐Ÿ˜” PS: Should I type Google for seeing the effect??? ๐Ÿ˜’
    Nopes, even Google.com doesn't show it... Should be IP based IP Restriction!!! Screw this SOPA and PIPA!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Praveen-Kumar
    Nopes, even Google.com doesn't show it... Should be IP based IP Restriction!!! Screw this SOPA and PIPA!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
    hehe......xda developers also said it need 50000 US citizen to sign the pledge.....๐Ÿ˜›
    Pensu
    hehe......xda developers also said it need 50000 US citizen to sign the pledge.....๐Ÿ˜›
    Wow! ๐Ÿ˜€ Awesome!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ XDA?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Praveen-Kumar
    Wow! ๐Ÿ˜€ Awesome!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ XDA?
    Yeah, XDA developers is some big network for windows, android, iphone developers.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

AllThingsD has cited 'multiple resources' that confirm that the social networking giant Facebook may file their IPO documents within the next month provided the officials at Securities and Exchange Commission...
I think that's the question almost every wannabe entrepreneur asks. Do you really need an innovative idea to start your own venture? If yes, does that mean every new entrepreneur...
Spring Festival is coming soon! Iโ€™m going back to my hometown to spend the holiday with my family.
Hello, everyone! I'm new here. Nice joining you~~
Yeah I blocked some on the router (supplied by my IP). I set it to block all adult contents, but now I see hes been using tunnel proxies...hmmmm...Yes, I need...