Google tests another new Navigation Design

Google is running yet another design test on their homepage currently. As of right now, at least two designs are life for all users. First the single button menu interface with a gray header area, and then the black bar. Now Google has come up with a new design that combines the black bar with the menu structure of the single menu bar.

Here is an image of how the new navigation menu looks like:
google-black-bar-600x513

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting! Google changes the front page layout so frequently that it's no impossible to note any change 😀
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Do you like the new layout? Wanna try it?
    Ok, here's how to go about it:

• Open google.com in your web browser of choice.
    • In Google Chrome, press Ctrl-Shift-J
    • In Mozilla Firefox press Ctrl-Shift-K
    • In Internet Explorer press F12 and select console
    • Paste the following code into the form
    document.cookie="PREF=ID=381502750b6e9119:U=aaee74aefea7315a:FF=0:LD=en:CR=2:TM=1328391998:LM=1328392000:S=yPtlCgLbEnezu5b4; path=/; domain=.google.com";window.location.reload();

• Press enter and close the console again.
    • Local users need to replace the domain in the information (google.com) with the country code domain, e.g. (google.de)
    The page should refresh automatically, and you should see the new layout on the Google page. Please note that it will only be active for as long as the cookie remains on your system.
    Users who want to return to the old Google Homepage layout can repeat the steps, by loading the following code in the console.
    document.cookie="PREF=; path=/; domain=.google.com";window.location.reload();
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    What's your take on this? Do you like the new navigation menu bar?
    Which is your favorite Google navigation menu bar so far?

I like the new design, pretty accessible.
    I feel Google should give an option to the user to select the services / features that are displayed on the homepage.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    letest one seems interesting....
    somehow, I don't like side bar version of google home page.
    Here is one more test on how google suggestion work.

Go to #-Link-Snipped-# : Google US server address
    and in new tab open Google : google india

type "why " and see the difference in suggestion.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    ianoop
    Go to #-Link-Snipped-# : Google US server address
    and in new tab open Google : google india

type "why " and see the difference in suggestion.
    That's interesting!
    Type 'when ' and check. 😁
    Really, people asking Google 'when will I die' ? 😁
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Most of netizens using google search engine only.
    So, this suggestions let you know that what people mostly intersted in, from a specific region/country.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

https://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/04/...campaign=Feed:+weblogsinc/autoblog+(Autoblog)
There's yet another big problem! Its Y2k38 Problem!!! Check this out, as this explains it all:
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...ign=Feed:+ziffdavis/extremetech+(Extremetech)
With the punchline "What you see is What you search", Archify is yet another tool to archive your personal web-browsing history. It's still in the development stage. Archify is a...
Do you remember Orkut? Almost everyone around me was hooked to it until Facebook came and ate its lunch. But Google's still betting on the service and adding new features...