Google Technology

Can any one tell whitch technology is being used by google to search the data?Such a huge database they have still they show the result so quickly.How?

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    As far as I know they have made their database repository well maintained. They have organized the data according to topics or keywords which makes it easy and faster to get access to web pages while searching.

PS: Correct me if wrong. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The technology is called 'page rank', originally developed by Google's co-founder Larry Page.

In layman's terms, it's about calculating how important & relevant any page is, for the given keywords (search terms).
  • pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    Yes Big K is correct. Google search is based on page rank. And the rank of page is based on various other factors:
    - Number of other links that points to this page
    - Page rank of other links that point to this page
    - Number of times the search keyword has appeared in the page

-Pradeep
  • veerapps
    veerapps
    Re: Google Technology from veera_pps

Hi
    The technology behind google search is called
    😁"PIGEON RANK".😁
    Its a mechanism used by google to value the web pages in the web world.The value of the web page can be called as the "PAGE RANK".The value of the page rank increases ,when the particular web page is viewed by many users.The pagerank increment is done by the Pigeon peck of Google mechanism.
  • Amit kumar Gupta
    Amit kumar Gupta
    hmm.. though "Page Ranking" is an integral system they follow. it is also the main terms in ur search keyword to which the engine starts tallying its contents.
    like if u use '+' signs or inverted commas ,to add main keywords, the process is faster.
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    In my experience i know this much only

Google Search Technology
    Google's core search technology has been widely proven and accepted to be the finest in the industry with Google now handling 70+% of all web searches. Utilizing the same exact underlying search technology and code base as used on Google.com, the Search Appliance "crawler" not only has proven to discover a greater percentage of content than any competing product, but Google's patented search algorithms deliver end users unrivalled ranking and relevancy of the search results.
    The software behind Google's search technology conducts a series of simultaneous calculations requiring only a fraction of a second. Traditional search engines rely heavily on how often a word appears on a web page. Google uses PageRank™ to examine the entire link structure of the content and determine which pages are most important. It then conducts hypertext-matching analysis to determine which pages are relevant to the specific search being conducted. By combining overall importance and query-specific relevance, Google is able to put the most relevant and reliable results first.

PageRank Technology
    PageRank performs an objective measurement of the importance of pages by solving an equation of more than 500 million variables and 2 billion terms. Instead of counting direct links, PageRank interprets a link from Page A to Page B as a vote for Page B by Page A. PageRank then assesses a page's importance by the number of votes it receives.
    PageRank also considers the importance of each page that casts a vote, as votes from some pages are considered to have greater value, thus giving the linked page greater value. Important pages receive a higher PageRank and appear at the top of the search results. Google's technology uses the collective intelligence of the web to determine a page's importance. There is no human involvement or manipulation of results.

Hypertext-Matching Analysis
    Google's search engine also analyzes page content. However, instead of simply scanning for page-based text (which can be manipulated by site publishers through meta-tags), Google's technology analyzes the full content of a page and factors in fonts, subdivisions and the precise location of each word. Google also analyzes the content of neighboring web pages to ensure the results returned are the most relevant to a user's query.

Hope now you have got the idea if you need more regarding this Pm me asap mate...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Posting the request on behalf of Mr. Chandrashekhar.H of Miltech Industries CEans, We are the manufacturer of plastic injection moulded components and suppliying the same to major auto and home...
Hey all, I saw no thread on badminton as a hobby! Anybody interested in badminton ? Xero
Hey everybody, I need to design a system that can measure the pollution of the gas coming out from a car exhaust/engine. I'd appreciate it if you could give me...
hiiiiii i m a final year student & i need a project plz suggest me . :sshhh:
OK! I declare few nodes . lets say my node is named as sortElement. now I want to store the memory locations of these nodes in an array How do...