Google+ started providing custom profile URL with +<NickName>

Google is joining Facebook and twitter with custom URL for profiles on its social service Google+.
Twitter and Facebook already providing profile link with #-Link-Snipped-#.
But here is something special about Google plus that you can request for different custom URL for your profile. By default they are trying provide with your +firstNameLastname.

Now the twist with Google+ is, they are saying they might charge for this custom URL. No where mentioned what exactly this means. Anyway we will see when they will start to charge for itπŸ˜€.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Eligibility
  • Ten or more followers
  • Your account is 30 days old or more
  • A profile photo
And some pro-tips to promote your profile and find others
If you know someone's custom URL, you can quickly access areas of their Google+ Profile or Page by adding key words to the end of the URL. Some examples are:
  • google.com/+customURL/posts
  • google.com/+customURL/about
  • google.com/+customURL/photos
  • google.com/+customURL/videos
  • google.com/+customURL/plusones (what are things you have +1'ed.)

I think Google made good move to give custom URL with different than username. It will help to create better online branding for users. Only dent is might charge for this custom URL 😨

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Thank you very much for info,man.
    I grabbed +AbhishekRawal before anyother Abhishek Rawal can. (There are too many Abhishek Rawal πŸ˜› )
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I got one too. Not sure if it's really something we should be excited about πŸ˜‰
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Thank you very much for info,man.
    I grabbed +AbhishekRawal before anyother Abhishek Rawal can. (There are too many Abhishek Rawal πŸ˜› )
    I get mine +HarshadItaliya ! Seems I am the only Harshad Italiya on internet. πŸ˜›
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I got mine too 😁. I never applied. Google thought I m important so sent me itself 😁
    Got one for my business too LOL

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lenovo has announced Yoga tablet and I think it's an amazing gadget, but I fear all the innovations Lenovo has included in it will go unnoticed. I now know why...
ZTE has today launched a set of new smartphones that run the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Operating system in its Blade Q range. With the unveiling of the Z...
I'm surprised to see that none of the Android phones, iPhone, Nokia or Blackberry smartphones yet have 802.11ac. Looks like the latest speedy wifi is still limited to limited number...
I have performed compressive testing of cubes using fly ash based cement . Three of them were demolded after 24 hours and 3 of them were demolded on the 5th...
I do not know how far this is true or feasible. Looks as though the more advanced an appliance the more it can be misused. Quote: Chinese Appliances are Shipping...