View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12773 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Nov 23, 2008

Google SearchWiki is the end of SEO?

Google recently launched its experimental search which allows users to choose the best results and rank them accordingly. This is something similar to service offered by 'DIGG'.

Do you think Google SearchWiki would end the Search Engine Optimization? 😁
rajanmr
rajanmr • Dec 2, 2008
I don't think such a thing will over take search engine. may be this project might rank high in google search rankings. SEO will still have great potential.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Dec 2, 2008
rajanmr
I don't think such a thing will over take search engine. may be this project might rank high in google search rankings. SEO will still have great potential.
Well, when people decide the 'rank', the search engines can't do much to do.
rajanmr
rajanmr • Dec 2, 2008
Well it won't happen. It will not happen until there is spamming. You can't stop spam in voting sites. I can easily post a story for a keyword and pay 1000 people to vote on it. Even if my site lacks quality content it will be ranked top. Digg faces the same issue. google knows that also. Also there are 1000's of industries based on search engines like directory industry. Many people allover the world make a living from directories. So would have to consider all these things before doing anything like voting system.
B12OOKlyn
B12OOKlyn • Dec 29, 2008
Not the end of SEO... but the birth of Social Search Optimization and Social Search Marketing perhaps? Found this interesting article about searchwiki and digital marketing

Share this content on your social channels -