Google Search Tricks Collection

Let's collect all the coolest Google Search Tricks that make the it the most awesome search engine in the world.

Use Google As A Countdown Timer

Want to set up a simple timer on Google Search? Well, that's easy. Just command the search engine like a King (or Queen). If you want to set a timer for 10 minutes, type -

'Set Timer For 10 Minutes' - Then hit the search button.

Google search results page will now show a big bold timer with options to stop and reset it. Cool right?

If you know more such tricks, please post them below!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I use this trick quite often. Google gives you the time anywhere in the world.

How to get time in any country or place using Google?

Again, the trick is very simple. If you want to get current GMT time, type -

"GMT Time" in Google and search - Google's search result page will show the current GMT Time.

If you want to know what time is it now in Chicago, type

"Current Time In Chicago" - and Google will show you the current time in Chicago. Cool, right?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How to use Google Search Engine As Currency Converter?

Want to convert USD to Indian Rupees? Google lets you do that quickly. Type your query in following format-

$100 = ?INR

Google will get the latest exchange rates and show you the end result right on the top of search results pages.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Weather trick: Search for

Weather for (today)
    Tomorrow Weather (Next day )
    Weekend weather (coming Saturday)
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    With the trend of it, looks like Google is using BDD (Behavioral driven Development).
    So, anything that will result in one answer will be show as the first Bold Actionable / result in Google. Lets take an example:

"Indian president" will result in Pranab Mukherjee

"US President" - Answer would be Barack Obama

Similarly, "india's capital" - Delhi

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was looking up on where/how we are hosting these forums. After some help/information as well as some research i know that we use Xenforo Environment over Zend framework hosted...
I was just browsing through some catalogs of fans yesterday, and i discovered one thing: while table fans and pedestal fans have their speed in the range of 1000-2000 RPM,...
Could anyone explain me briefly about the differences between neutral and ground in an electrical system?
Have you ever asked yourself this question: If hackers can get in, how would I know? There are many answers to this question and it also depends on the operating...
Well this is like cake walk to few not to me this question bugs me a lot Both are Universal gate that can really be helpful in easy realisation other...