Google search results review

Is every body satisfied with google search results displayed.

I personally am not cause if safety filters are not reliably set then most of the time unnecessary results are pictured as the top prioritized ones in the very first page.

What is your take guys ?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    For the past few days I find a new problem. When I click on one of the search results I am redirected to some ad site or gaming site. I have to try three or four times before I get to the place I want.

Has any one else noticed this? Is there a malware doing it or is it a Google ploy?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am not facing it here sir Let us see what other CEans have to say for this problem
  • avii
    avii
    #-Link-Snipped-# - most probably your PC is infected with a virus/malware

#-Link-Snipped-# - try dogpile.com

but again, what kind of safety filters we are talking about here & those unnecessary results ?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Are you talking about age restricted images?
    I think, I have read somewhere it still concern of google search engine, Otherwise everything is working fine.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Google says that they publish about 500 updates to their algorithm every year. That means on an average, there will be at least one or two algorithm update every day. In the recent times, Google's Web Spam team's been taking some extreme steps to devalue lower quality websites; which hasn't done a very good job - because several quality websites have been punished in the process.

Overall, Google search works well. But I'm beginning to hate the monopoly in the market which is quite dangerous. I am hoping that Microsoft will ramp up their game and Bing will find at least 50% market share - so that Google to be very cautious of what they're doing.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-# my 14 year old cousin had a very tough with out family filters He searched for images related to his topic for speech and had it

But why should such a popular website have such images in their no 1 priority list

#-Link-Snipped-# Will check this out
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Google search result always depends on its users search history but not full proof in filtering image results.
    try this site, it may help..
    Safe Search Kids | Internet Filtering with Google for Safer Search
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    bioramani
    For the past few days I find a new problem. When I click on one of the search results I am redirected to some ad site or gaming site. I have to try three or four times before I get to the place I want.

Has any one else noticed this? Is there a malware doing it or is it a Google ploy?
    Install this software

#-Link-Snipped-#

Also remove unnecessary addons and extensions from your browser

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CAN ANYONE SUGGEST RECENT DEVELOPMENTS OR PROJECTS IN POWER ELECTRONICS?
We all had accounts in Orkut ,which was my first social networking site (perhaps for most people). But later everyone left it for Facebook. And again something similar is happening...
Greetings, Forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I am looking for a calculator schematic that is made of logic gates. I am playing a game called minecraft...
hello everyone. i hope most of you came to know about the new kind of transistor made of indium gallium arsenide which was made by mit. could anyone figure out...
As we know that we use Carbon Dating system to find out age of old/ancient thing.But I don't know what is its accuracy because I read some disputes regarding carbon...