Google Personalized Search: End of SEO?

Ever since Google published the following blog:
Official Google Blog: Personalized Search for everyone lot of webmasters have began complaining that all the efforts they've put in so far in SEOing their websites, will get screwed up.

What personalized search means is that there will be an anonymous cookie in your browser that will see the pattern in your clicks. The site that you click most of the times will appear on the top of search result pages. This means, if you were clicking on some other website many times, that web site will appear on the top; no matter how useful it is to you.

I'm not sure whether this is a good move by Google. People want to have better results appear on the search pages from various information sources; not necessarily from the sites they visit frequently.

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    It has already been mentioned in the google enhancements thread, Biggie.

Well anyways won't this help people to easily reach the sites first they visit more often?

And people visit more often those sites which appeal more useful to them, don't they?
  • kumar_nitin
    kumar_nitin
    I gree that search engine optimization was not so.good last days, but I think this new Idea of personalised results is pretty cool, but seriously, it doesn't help much those peoples who searches for the top rated informations over the internet, that too on different topics..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Im new to CE, everything looks confusing but is very interesting well this is me in short: Name:rahul sanal *Engineering Trade:mechanical Location: bangalore *Occupation: student *Hobbies & Interests: well i...
hi! i am thinking about working on the concept of power generation out of the pressure exerted on the floor while.i'm thinking of using the concept of dynamo action.can somebody...
Hi guys..! I am glad to say you all that I attended a workshop on Excitement of Research (ExOR) in International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderabad. This workshop was...
Under normal usage, batteries should be calibrated a minimum of once every 3 months. Your battery can be calibrated by following these steps: Step 1 - Disable the Windows Power...
The film sticks to what seems to have become the standard formula for Bollywood comedies. Many characters with different agendas get together in one location. What follows is misunderstood identities,...