Google Nexus S Price In India, Reviews & Launch

Google Nexus One phone was released in January 2010 and it was a runaway hit. The phone had pure Android installed on it. The phone is expected to be available from December 16 in the US and India launch is likely to be within the next 2 months. So it won't be wrong to say that the phone will be available in India in the Q1 of 2011. Let me review this phone for all our CEans.

Google has put in lot of efforts and care in developing this phone. The phone is said to be developed with direct inputs from the Google's Android OS team. The phone has a clean install of Android 2.3 (latest) and is labeled as the game changer for the devices in smart-phone category. The device has been built with the Samsung Galaxy S as the reference point. The biggest improvement in Android 2.3 is speed and it's clearly indicated by Nexus S. I'd have loved to see this phone with Super AMOLED (SAMOLED), however this phone has AMOLED 400 x 800 resolution screen. The noticeable difference between both these screen technologies is that the SAMOLED looks good even in direct sunlight. The phone is 'Near Field Communication Nfc Enabled Handsets' enabled and very easy to setup. This technology, in future will help you use your phone as a replacement of credit card. If you use Google services and Google Apps, configuring this phone to sync with your services is a cakewalk.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Image Via TechCrunch

Now comes the 'brain' of this phone, the processor. Nexus S is powered with 1 GHz Hummingbird. This processor is capable of handling all the complex operations on smartphones. In simpler words, this processor will make the phone operations smoother and lag-free.

Battery: Like Samsung Wave, this phone has 1500 mAh Li-Ion battery which lasts for about 6 hours on heavy usage (audio, video and data transmission). Google’s official specs are up to 400 minutes of talk time on 3G, 841 minutes on 2G, and standby time of 428/714 hours on 3G/2G.

Camera: You get a rear 5MP camera and a VGA front facing camera. HD recording @ 720i is supported.

Internal Memory: The phone has 16 gigabyte internal memory which I think is enough to store most of your favorite audio/video collection.

Also included are Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, gyroscope, accelerometer, compass, proximity sensor, haptic feedback and a light sensor.

Software: The new Android has lot of improvements over its earlier version and the UI has been slightly improved. Plus there's a new Noise Cancellation software present. Overall, the new Android brings takes the experience of using this phone to newer level.

India Launch & Price: The phone is likely to be launched in India in Jan/Feb 2011 and I guess the price will be around Rs. 30,000/-. If you have questions, comments, feedback about this phone, let us know through comments.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Galaxy S is no doubt the best android phone available in the market. Plus, Galaxy S has Super AMOLED screen - which beats everything else including the iPhone's Retina display.

Apart from this, the actual price of the Nexus S is not known. I'd buy Galaxy S and then upgrade it to Android 2.3 as it's released to the public. I don't see much difference in the hardware of these two phones.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's a guess based on the typical delay of 'Samsung' phones. Note that Google's nexus one was produced by HTC which takes forever to launch their phones in India.

Nexus One is available in India through eBay: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nexus S price in India is confirmed to be Rs. 30400. My guess was spot on! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Architecture is one field where innovations are made absolutely necessary almost every progressing day. This article will introduce you to one such architectural innovation. World Expo 2010 Shanghai Expo of...
When Motorola invented the first ever cell phone, they'd not have known that the device will be an integral part of every human on the planet. The company has launched...
A lot of college students are taking up to entrepreneurship. As a newbie, it must be really tough as well as challenging to face the various hurdles that come bundled...
Last week I was just reading around blogs and I found an advertisement about PC performance boosting software. It was long since I had reviewed any PC performance boosting software,...
My maternal uncle is Civil Engineer and he works for Indian Railways, whenever I meet his friends they tell me as an Engineer they always fantasize being like him because...