Google looking for providing VOIP facility

Finally some good is coming of Google’s acquisition of Gizmo5. GMail’s chat application already supports voice and video chatting, and was #-Link-Snipped-#. #-Link-Snipped-# that Google will also offer the ability to make calls to phone numbers from the GMail interface.
Google is currently also running a limited preview of it’s Google Voice service, which assigns you a free Google number which you can connect with your all your current phone numbers to have one universal phone number. Not only can this phone number be connected with up to 6 other phone numbers, any calls made to this number will also be automatically transcribed. As you result you can actually search through your Google Voice interface for conversations you have had with others or SMS messages sent to or from it.
This could mean that Google Voice, which is quite similar interface-wise to Google Voice to Integrate with Gmail as a VoIP Service instead of being a separate service.

:smile::smile:

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Google Wave and Google Buzz may have had troubles attracting usage, but the new ability to place calls from Gmail appears to have caught on quickly.

"Over 1,000,000 calls placed from Gmail in just 24 hours!" Google tweeted Thursday.

😲

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi all. hows every one ..It feels great to be a part of such a nice forum.. thanks to the creators
So, Google is now paying increasing attention to real time search. Taking a step further in the direction, Google has just launched a new URL for its real time search...
On September 15, 2010; the open sourced alternative to Facebook will be open sourced. The startup is currently working hard on the product and plan to release it on 15th...
Source: 'Unconventional' drilling could free trapped Chilean miners | News | The Engineer 33 miners are stuck inside a mine in Chile in area almost equal to a 1 BHK...
hello friends,,, now i am in 2nd year eee , i want to geet good marks in GATE,, so please guide me how to study, wen to , and which...