Google Launchpad Comes To India : 5 Day Programme Between 3-7 November, 2014

Google runs a very successful program, called 'Google Launchpad' to mentor startups and turn them into successful businesses. Google is bringing the program to India and the is scheduled between 3-7 November in Bangalore. Note that the Launchpad is a one-week program that focuses exclusively on startups that are in the pre-incubation stage. The founders and the startup teams are educated on various aspects of product/service building such as strategy, technology, user interface, marketing and business development etc.

The programme ends with a demo day, where the participating startups will get an opportunity to present before a panel comprising of venture capitalists, investors and senior Google employees. Sunil Rao, who heads the startup program for Google India said that the program will help startups plan and build a scalable business. The plan Google has is to organise the Launchpad event every quarter and by 2016; Google is planning to conduct the event on monthly basis.

Google-Launchpad-Bangalore
(Google Launchpad In Tel Aviv, Israel) Photo Credit: CampusTelAviv.com​

For the upcoming event in November, Google aims to have 25 participating startups and has already selected CoSight, iReff, Smart Pocket. These three startups have already been picked up by NASSCOM-GOOGLE initiative called 10000 startups. Two more startup companies 'AdWyze' and Wazzat Labs; that won at the MIT Global Startup Labs demo day are also a part of the Launchpad program. The event in Bangalore will have 20 mentors from Google's offices in California and Israel.

It's interesting to see the startup ecosystem building up in India. With global players driving it; we are sure that a lot of wannabe entrepreneurs will take the plunge and make the best use of opportunities available.

Read more about the program on the source link below.

Source: Google Brings Its Startup Mentorship Programme - Google Launchpad To India | Business Insider India

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    great platform for startups.Google always plays ahead.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Amazon's drones are coming to India; specifically Mumbai and Bangalore to deliver your Diwali gifts. Economic Times has reported that India will act as the launchpad for Amazon's drone-powered deliveries....
Sony Electronics has launched a new ultra-portable camera called the α5100 (model ILCE-5100) which is ultra-lightweight and packs inside it superior image capturing capabilities. Being promoted as the speedy camera,...
Hello Friends, I am Jayasanker. R, working as Civil Engineer in Qatar. Hope all are fine. Recently joined in this community thinking that I will get new ideas and news...
I am a ECE student.I am preparing for GATE 2015. I have dropped out last year and scored only 40 marks in after doing self study. But this year I...
Hi CEans am planning to buy a smartphone under 10k .I searched for months but the thing is not all specs satisfies within a single phone ! if one phone...