Google Launches Election Portal To Assist Indian Voters

Google India has decided to lend a helping hand to the voters of the country with a dedicated portal that accumulates all the relevant information regarding politics, parties and the electoral process. The #-Link-Snipped-# portal in its first phase has decided to cover the current state elections being held in the states of Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Mizoram. For the news section, Google gathers news regarding the latest political developments from publications and broadcasters and for videos it has partnered with YouTube channels of various Hindi and English news channels.

Elections

The website also has links of Google Hangouts organised by politicians in recent times. Since many young individuals will be casting their votes for the very first time next year, the website has an FAQ page that clarifies various voter registration queries and offers step-by-step instructions on how to get obtain a voter ID card. In the future Google plans to introduce features that will facilitate a more direct communication between voters and candidates.

While the internet and especially social media are being touted as key factors to influence the election results Google’s efforts to bring all the information in a single web portal is laudable. But as it is with most things on the internet the website has some flaws, as you can see in the image above the top news story is not regarding politics but the regarding an ongoing Ranji trophy match.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Does anyone have any idea about security & performance testing of mobile application? I am testing android & iphone apps but need some help. If anyone has any idea please...
I am using Samsung Galaxy Y powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbird and I am in need for a app for the following purpose: 1)I have searched many websites but I...
It's @Ambarish Ganesh birthday today so come and join me to wish "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to our Ambarish Ganesh.Wish him to have a blasting sunday ..............🎉
Hi CEans.We know that automotive industry is growing more faster than mobile industry where more and more cars and bikes are rolling out everyday and equipped with special features and...
Google Nexus owners across the world are concerned regarding the well-being of their beloved smartphone after learning about Flash SMS based denial-of-service attacks that can affect the performance of several...