Google In 1998 - How Google Looked 15 Years Ago

If you aren't feeling lucky, we'd like you to check this cool easter egg Google's rolled out to celebrate their 15th birthday. Search 'Google in 1998' on Google search and Google goes back 15 years and presents you with the look it had then. Note Google logo with an exclamation mark at the end of the logo. Do give it a try.

google

The first page has interesting search results like 'Unclesam', 'Linux', Google Help and even 'Why Use Google?'. I tried following the links and they do lead to interesting pages, all from 1998-1999. Among the other results, there's detailed searching instruction page hosted on berkeley.edu.

Of course, the results page allows you to go back to the latest version of Google through 'Take me back to 2013'. Do give it a try and let us know what you think.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wondering if it's still working for each one of you. Looks like it stopped working since last few minutes. I'm being presented with regular search results. Can someone try and confirm?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wondering if it's still working for each one of you. Looks like it stopped working since last few minutes. I'm being presented with regular search results. Can someone try and confirm?
    Working still as you posted. Quite entertaining.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    Working still as you posted. Quite entertaining.
    Yep, looks like it's a permanent roll out. Working fine for me as well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote Engineers from the Vienna University of Technology have developed a device that lets users walk freely through virtual worlds whilst remaining in one place in the real world. Endquote...
Website owners, take note! Google's new search algorithm now called 'Hummingbird' has been launched. Being the first major upgrade in the last three years, Google has now shared that the...
what are social sdks ? i never come across this term but i think itz useful
can you please clear my doubt...... the use of field winding is to increase or decrease the spreed of the rheoastat ?
The batteries in the modern electronic devices are unable to cope up with the power demands and often die out in few hours. Unfortunately, power points may not be available...