Google Gaming Console Vs. PS4 Vs. XBOX One - Fight?

It's rumoured that Google is working on a gaming console. No details are known yet and it looks like the Google game console is a closely guarded secret. I was thinking if Google indeed announces one; then how will the console wars pick up in coming days? There are few important points to note -

1. Google's a software maker; not a hardware maker.

2. They got into hardware through acquisition of Motorola's mobile business.

3. Motorola isn't into gaming devices.

What this means is - Google's got very limited expertise as compared to Sony and Microsoft when it comes to hardware. But boy, they do excel at making great, lightweight and fast running software. They already have the control of the entire Android Operating System and through play store; they have access to tens of thousands of games.

If Google launches gaming system, I'd assume it'll be based on Android and will basically be meant to play all the mobile based games on a larger screen.

On the other hand, PS4 and XBOX ONE are already dominating all the discussions around the next generation of consoles.

Do you think Google has a chance to fight with Sony and Microsoft in the game of consoles?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    It's no longer rumour that Google X lab is developing gaming console.The image's been leaked but again leak's a leak.We can't rely on that until Google officially announces it.

Google's Console will be Android based.Even though Google have access to playstore,Android games are not meant for hardcore gamers.
    It will be best platform for casual gamers & Indie games.

But without knowing technical specification,We can't compare Google's upcoming console with PS4 or XBox. I guess I'll wait for few technical leaks of console & then judge it.
    Right now,It's too early to get on a conclusion.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    What Google needs is to develop a strong gaming development community by attracting existing established developers, and also new ones. Same concept as app development.

Hardware is not really a concern, since consoles seems to be closer to parity to PCs (plus, PS4 & XBOX One are similarly spec'ed) and not just limited to gaming alone.

So, definitely strong chances for Google to compete.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft seems to be poking a lot of fun at the non multi-tasking abilities of the Apple iPad. Check out this commercial - I'm wondering why did Apple not consider...
I was watching the Samsung Galaxy Camera video shot at 120 fps and it does look awesome in slow-motion. So, I'm wondering can any camera be made to function at...
The new Macbook Air 2013 boots in just 13 seconds and that's definitely a great achievement. But I'm wondering why are we still away from the instant on operating system?...
The fact is - science does not have answers to everything, just yet and humans have been investing a ton of effort into getting science to answer everything in this...
After more than year staying in beta for Windows users, Dota 2 is now available for all & Beta Is Over! Valve's Defense Of tower Arts, also known as Dota...