Google Employees Enjoy 500 MB/s Download Speeds!

I'm seriously jealous of Google Employees. While I struggle to go beyond 50KBps while downloading on my so called 3G, engineers in other part of the world are enjoying 500MBps speeds!

Yesterday, a discussion picked up on Reddit where Google employees answered few questions about how fast Internet is in Google's offices. One employee posted a screenshot which shows speedtest.net results and shows 523MBps download speed and 147 MBps upload speed 😲

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Adding: Average Internet download speeds in Europe is about 12 Mb/s and in USA, it is 10 Mb/s. 😐
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    but i think torrent speed is much speeder than the google speed
    and i had seen many accelerators doing the same job
    i am using free download manager for speed download
    normally from my net in google i am getting only 30kbps but in free download manager i am getting almost 60kbps
    but got a drawback its reducing total browsing speed
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dude! We're talking about Mbps! 😐
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    The_Big_K
    Dude! We're talking about Mbps! 😐
    do you mean server speeds
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    M speechless.
    Sir, do you have any idea about the speed which the higher officials of government officials enjoy.?
  • sau
    sau
    500mbps???? huh??? that is truly unbelievable..
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    Mr. Narayan Murthy. Kb signifies kilobytes and MB signifies megabytes. kilo is 10 raised to power 3. mega is 10 raised to power 6. 500Mbps is therefore 8333.33 times more than 60 kbps. which technically means google enjoys a speed which is approximately 8333 times more than which we have at our disposal. for instance if it takes 8333 seconds for you to download a movie, google will download it in 1 second. that is what biggie is trying to say.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I too jealous them now.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am unable to decide about the final year projects. The basic question is how to decide it? The professor wants some thing big. But unable to cope to her...
Just want to share this to you😀 The Payatas Dumpsite: From Tragedy To Triumph Perhaps, no other dumpsite can evoke perspectives so extreme. From a scene of tragedy and shame,...
How to check whether a stepper motor is working or not?? My stepper motor has 6 wires for input to be integrated with circuit..... Please help me out .... its...
I'm totally pissed off because of BSNL's IDIOTS - who're totally clueless about their own system. I requested for plan update to BBG-ULD-1350-COMBO-MONTHLY which provides 4Mbps speed up to 20...
In corporate world there is obvious scenario of reporting to more than one bosses.It is really a difficult to handle such situation where employee needs to report two or more...