14 Apr 2012

Google Drive : Will It Kill Dropbox?

Dropbox is by far one of the most used cloud storage service that makes it damn easy to sync your favorite files across your devices & platforms. Dropbox is a simple idea that Google wanted to on its own since long time; but didn't really pay attention until Dropbox got very popular.

Now Google Drive may launch in the coming few weeks and I think they're going to offer 5GB of data. Do you think Google Drive will compete directly with Dropbox? Will it be successful? Will the existing Dropbox users shift to Google Drive?
Harshad Italiya

Harshad Italiya

Electronics and Communication
14 Apr 2012
Google had similar service sometime back, I think they stopped it later. But right now Dropbox is the best.
16 Apr 2012
Has anyone explored box.net? I've been using dropbox and like the service. I hope Google+ does a better job of launching the GDrive. Is anyone else here excited about Google Drive?
Harshad Italiya

Harshad Italiya

16 Apr 2012
The_Big_K
Has anyone explored box.net? I've been using dropbox and like the service. I hope Google+ does a better job of launching the GDrive. Is anyone else here excited about Google Drive?
I'd also used box.net but Dropbox is better than it. Any news where google is going to launch this service?
16 Apr 2012
Yes, it's expected to launch this week. But there's no official word from Google on it. 😁
16 Apr 2012
I use dropbox a lot. Some of my postings give a link to an item in my public folder. I interact with many people on various projects. We use drop box for a lot of interaction.

I will give the G-Drive also a shot.
16 Apr 2012
The latest update on this front is that Dropbox will be launched sometime around next week (hopefully on Tuesday or Wednesday) and the folks at TechCrunch already found their app for the Mac OSX platform. The app works just fine and lets you login with your Gmail account; but it doesn't yet connect to https://drive.google.com. TC says that it offers 5GB of free space and you can purchase more to suit your needs.

What say you?
Harshad Italiya

Harshad Italiya

17 Apr 2012
The_Big_K
The latest update on this front is that Dropbox will be launched sometime around next week (hopefully on Tuesday or Wednesday) and the folks at TechCrunch already found their app for the Mac OSX platform. The app works just fine and lets you login with your Gmail account; but it doesn't yet connect to https://drive.google.com. TC says that it offers 5GB of free space and you can purchase more to suit your needs.

What say you?
Well right now I am not going with Space as 2GB is even fine let's check it's other feature compare to dropbox.
Prasad Ajinkya

Prasad Ajinkya

Branch Unspecified
17 Apr 2012
Well, Dropbox is pretty awesome (the paid version offers far more features). I dont think Google Drive will kill Dropbox.
17 Apr 2012
I'm not aware of the paid version features - apart from offering more space. If Google Drive comes along; I don't see any need to use Dropbox. Imagine how cool it'll be when Google drive opens to Google Apps domains. CrazyEngineers will have it's own secure cloud! Dropbox doesn't offer that to me; or am I missing out on latest advancements?

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.