Google Drive : Will It Kill Dropbox?

Dropbox is by far one of the most used cloud storage service that makes it damn easy to sync your favorite files across your devices & platforms. Dropbox is a simple idea that Google wanted to on its own since long time; but didn't really pay attention until Dropbox got very popular.

Now Google Drive may launch in the coming few weeks and I think they're going to offer 5GB of data. Do you think Google Drive will compete directly with Dropbox? Will it be successful? Will the existing Dropbox users shift to Google Drive?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Google had similar service sometime back, I think they stopped it later. But right now Dropbox is the best.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Has anyone explored box.net? I've been using dropbox and like the service. I hope Google+ does a better job of launching the GDrive. Is anyone else here excited about Google Drive?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Has anyone explored box.net? I've been using dropbox and like the service. I hope Google+ does a better job of launching the GDrive. Is anyone else here excited about Google Drive?
    I'd also used box.net but Dropbox is better than it. Any news where google is going to launch this service?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, it's expected to launch this week. But there's no official word from Google on it. 😁
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I use dropbox a lot. Some of my postings give a link to an item in my public folder. I interact with many people on various projects. We use drop box for a lot of interaction.

I will give the G-Drive also a shot.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The latest update on this front is that Dropbox will be launched sometime around next week (hopefully on Tuesday or Wednesday) and the folks at TechCrunch already found their app for the Mac OSX platform. The app works just fine and lets you login with your Gmail account; but it doesn't yet connect to #-Link-Snipped-#. TC says that it offers 5GB of free space and you can purchase more to suit your needs.

What say you?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    The latest update on this front is that Dropbox will be launched sometime around next week (hopefully on Tuesday or Wednesday) and the folks at TechCrunch already found their app for the Mac OSX platform. The app works just fine and lets you login with your Gmail account; but it doesn't yet connect to #-Link-Snipped-#. TC says that it offers 5GB of free space and you can purchase more to suit your needs.

What say you?
    Well right now I am not going with Space as 2GB is even fine let's check it's other feature compare to dropbox.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Well, Dropbox is pretty awesome (the paid version offers far more features). I dont think Google Drive will kill Dropbox.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not aware of the paid version features - apart from offering more space. If Google Drive comes along; I don't see any need to use Dropbox. Imagine how cool it'll be when Google drive opens to Google Apps domains. CrazyEngineers will have it's own secure cloud! Dropbox doesn't offer that to me; or am I missing out on latest advancements?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Construction of skyscrapers involves lot of extreme engineering and the same goes with a lot of amazing infrastructure projects. It's always great to know about the bigger construction projects...
Despite the economic crisis and despite near Richter grade 9 quakes supertall structures are coming up. Though it appears an inappropriate phrase, many are in the pipeline and more at...
Hello everybody, Well, not much to talk about myself, I studied Information system and graduated last year from IT collage. I have interest in developing websites. I like to make...
Apple Mac owners may no longer flaunt that their OS has no malware. The Flashback malware affected several thousands macs all over the world and Apple promised a removal tool....
Old Story vs. Indian Version 😛​{little bit lengthy, but you gonna enjoy that}​​ The Old Story: The Ant works hard in the withering heat all summer building its house and...