Google Chrome Streaming Video Issue

My friend tried to stream live events from #-Link-Snipped-#But the problem is that the video is buffering a lot. he is not able to stream at all. The video buffering is taking ages

He has the latest version of google chrome And the default plugin is installed in it

I am not using Chrome So I hardly know the solution

One more thing he has a really high speed connectivity of about 7.1Mbps So the speed seems okayish

The strange thing is that I am able to stream the same site in Firefox in the same system Only in Chrome the site is not opening any possible reasons for the issue. Do post

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to gadgets/software/apps section.

What I want to know if your friend is using a vanilla installation of Chrome or has add-ons installed? I'd recheck if any of the addons is interfering with the buffers. Chrome could be a huge memory eater at times, especially with badly coded addons running; which might affect overall experience.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    His version says that the ADOBE plugin is installed by default in his system.

He has no extra add ons installed in it seems I am not sure about the Vanilla installation

Yeah Size was nearly 400MB not sure about other details I will try to get him hooked here
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    -Bump- Any hints guys Still I am not able to locate the problem

Reinstalling is also not working out What actually is wrong with the current version of Chrome
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    You need healthy connection with good bandwidth for Live streaming. I don't think anything is wrong with Chrome, as Flash is installed within chrome-browser itself (pepper-flash).
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    chrome as such is considered a faster browser. please perform a speed test . you can use speedtest.net
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Guys come on read the first post I have a speed test result of well over 1Mbps as the worst case scenario

And on the other hand I am able to stream it in Firefox without any trouble
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Maybe, Live streaming ain't supported by Pepper-flash ? Try installing Chromium it doesn't comes with Pepper-flash, if video streams in Chromium & Firefox then it means that Pepper-flash ain't supporting live streaming.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i jus want to clarify a doubt that in dc generator usually magnets are stable and the armature shaft is allowed to rotate.what ll happen if we do in reverse...
Hi CEans I had heard lot about the utilization of magnetic power in various modes in automobile Industry.It Includes magnetic suspension,magnetic ride control,locks,etc but I want to know whether there...
Panasonic had informed about the new iteration of its Toughpad slate in Consumer Electronic Show held in January 2013. At that time the company had highlighted it being the world’s...
Obama administration seems very adamant on attacking Syria and while they do not have full support (this time) from its friends, bigger countries like China and Russia have been openly...
we know that when two signals are convulated eg f(t)*g(t),we get the output as F(W).G(W) i.e multiplication in frequency domain but how it is implemented by the modulators i can...