Google Buys Boston Dynamics - The Makers Of Qudraped Robots

Google has bought Boston Dynamics - the company famous for their 4-legged robots. The news comes just a few days after the update that Google's Android man, Google & Robots - The Beginning Of New Era? was leading the robotics initiative at Google. We've covered a lot of Boston Dynamics creations in the past including Robot Zoo - Nine animal inspired robots from Boston Dynamics, Latest Video of Petman from Boston Dynamics, Boston Dynamics All Set To Unleash 'Cheetah' and 'Atlas'. That said, something interesting is surely cooking up in Google's laboratories.

slide
Image Credit: modernl​

We do not know the details of the deal and how much lighter Google's bank account is after the acquisition; but it surely has made Marc Raibert a happy man. Raibert is impressed by Andy and Google's ability to think very big and having an access to all the resources to make it happen. It looks like the team will focus on building consumer centric robots in coming days. We hope all the Google Robots will be good looking, at least.

We believe it'd be very interesting to see how Google, which until now was a web-search company, will use all its knowledge, wisdom and resources in building the robots of the future. We don't know whether we should be excited or start preparing for the complete invasion of mankind by robots.

What's your take?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends! i need some ideas abt my prjt (embeded systems),also i need various applications that uses multi node processing,gsm or wifi and beagle boards.
When in doubt, a lot of people would tell you that you should talk to yourself. That's what exactly Introspection is. Talking to yourself. Everybody from every phase of your...
i planned to do my BE final year project In cloud computing....plz suggest me some better projects... and what are the technical skills required for cloud computing...
Here is some chemistry for the Christmas season; a periodic table for various spirits. Mix and match. Periodicity of consumption not included. Quote: Science is a critical part of the...
Quote: Even after 40 years of service, X-ray computed tomography (better known as CT scans) can be a challenge to capture. If the patient moves even a nudge, the image...