GOOGLE - 'Bump n Flock' will be sun-setting by Jan 2014 End

Its not even three months from now when Google had acquired Bump and Flock and added the app to Google play.

BnF

Now, they have officially decided to sunset the app from January 31st 2014.
On official Bump and Flock blog they announced -- "On January 31, 2014, Bump and Flock will be removed from the App Store and Google Play. After this date, neither app will work, and all user data will be deleted"

The Acquisition was done probably in $35 million (Acquisition price was un-disclosed, but is expected to be around $35 M), what could be the reason Google is shutting down an investment of million's dollars

Reference: Bump Blog — All good things...

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir i am a newbie in programming field. I wanna create a multi-player network based Poker Card game as my B.tech project. I google alot and created a client-server chat...
After a brief stint at an e-commerce website, the XOLO Q3000 smartphone cum phablet has been officially launched in India. Not more than a week back, we told you about...
Everybody knows that the technology is becoming vast day by day and we see it in case of new generations of smartphones and other electronic devices we see. But now...
Dell has released first advertisement after going 'Private' under the leadership of Michael Dell. Dell is going into the 'startup' mode and that means you can expect some new stuff...
I was searching for term 'Indian Engineers Forum' like couple of years ago & found CE. There were many other forums which appeared before CE in search list, but no...